Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Door schedule/tag issue

Login to Give a bone

Default Door schedule/tag issue

I have created a door tag that will allow a suffix (to accommodate more than 1 door into a room) and automatically number. The problem I am having is getting the tag to schedule. The standard schedule does not accommodate the suffix in any fashion other than a secondary column. The standard project based schedule requires a space (which my office does not use) but does pick up the suffix.

What I am looking to do is get the schedule to automatically pick up the door number that is entered as well as the suffix and insert them into the schedule in the same column (like the project based schedule does) without having to associate the tag/door with a space. Ideas?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Door schedule/tag issue

I figured it out, but I'll post it here if anyone else has been trying to do the same. If you go into the Property Definition Sets for the doors and create an automatic formula of the door number and the suffix, then creat a column in the door schedule with that data field, you get the proper result. Be sure to create a sort order for schedule.

Login to Give a bone

How did you create this formula, I am trying to do the same thing, multiple doors in one room.

Login to Give a bone

Cool Re: Door schedule/tag issue

Assuming you are creating all of your properties in the same Property Set Defintion and you already have a property called RoomNumber for the room number and DoorSuffix for the suffix, your Formula property could be a simple one-line concatenation:

"[RoomNumber]" & "[DoorSuffix]"

Be certain to use your actual properties, selecting them from the lower list box [2004 or 2005] or the lower left list box [2006 or 2007]; you can not just type in the property name to reference it.

If you want to learn a whole lot more about Formula properties in ADT, consider participating in my AUGI Training Program course starting June 12. Look for ATP121; from the AUGI home page, choose the Education > AUGI Training Program > Current ATP Courses links and scroll down to the June 2006 offerings.

Login to Give a bone

David,

Here is what is happening, I have it picking up the right properties, but the incrementing character is incrementing for the whole drawing, not just in that space.

Ex: I have 3 spaces, roomnumbers 101, 102, 103. When the doors are set and a tag is placed, the tag come in as 101a, 102b, 102c, 103d, 103e, 103f, 103g.

What I am looking to accomplish is the doors come in and in each space the suffix increment starts over for each space and what would the ultimate result is if there is only one door in a space, then there is no suffix at all.

If this is possible and you can help, that would be great!

Login to Give a bone

Auto Increment - Character and Auto Increment - Integer work across the entire drawing; they do not reset for a new space. There may be a clever way to use reactors to program something that would do that, but that is beyond my skills and knowledge.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the help, hopefully there is someone that has ran across this situation and has a solution.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Unless some easy solution is found soon, I think this would be a good wish list item, along with any other tags that are space-based.

Login to Give a bone

The way we have tackled this problem is with a formula PSD. The number comes from an automatic property and the number suffix is a manual property. I have set it to default to A and if there are more than one door in a room the drafters all know they need to manually change some of the doors to B,C and so forth. All door numbers in our schedule have an A because I could not get the tag attribute to recenter if there was not a suffix. If needed I can try to post the tag and PSD that it uses.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jbayne
    If needed I can try to post the tag and PSD that it uses.
    Please Do.
    The correct place for thing like these is here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast