Thread: Large PLT file size

Login to Give a bone

Angry Large PLT file size

My company uses the plot to file option to log and create files, then uses a separate program to run plots from these files. My problem is that one 1 machine, the plot file sizes are anywhere from 3 to 25 times larger than plt files made on other machines.

This is puzzling, because you can open up the same network drawing, create a plot file with the same settings on two separate computers, but mine is the only one that makes them too large. this also causes printing to take massive amounts of time.

I have tried purging the drawings, removing unused layers, and all other large file size problems, but I know that this is not the problem.

Has anyone seen this before?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Large PLT file size

Quote Originally Posted by j_hoover82
    My company uses the plot to file option to log and create files, then uses a separate program to run plots from these files. My problem is that one 1 machine, the plot file sizes are anywhere from 3 to 25 times larger than plt files made on other machines.

This is puzzling, because you can open up the same network drawing, create a plot file with the same settings on two separate computers, but mine is the only one that makes them too large. this also causes printing to take massive amounts of time.

I have tried purging the drawings, removing unused layers, and all other large file size problems, but I know that this is not the problem.

Has anyone seen this before?
    For archiving, have y'all considered using another electronic format, such as PDF or DWF?

All AUGI, all the time tc3dcad60731's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Large PLT file size

Yes! Many times with MDT (almost all versions).
    It is not user error or anything like that. It can be as simple as uninstalling and reloading or purging the file. ( I know that you said you did that one)

The easiest and best thing is to DWF it. DO NOT PDF it. PDF is great for the average person but line types, font styles and other things will get changed, dropped etc. DWF is much smaller, much faster, and more universal.