Thread: Glass Color in Shaded with Lines View

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Question Glass Color in Shaded with Lines View

I have setup my project with different glass colors in curtain wall panels. I set the different glass types for their appropriate colors. I want it so that in "Hidden Line" view the different glass colors are "grey tones" and in "Shaded with Lines" view they show up their appropriate colors....

What's happening is that the glass shows up plain "white" in Shaded view in most cases (except for my "red glass" for some reason is showing grey in shaded view).

I've attached screen shots of two examples.

Glazed-Red
    shows properly in Hidden view, but in Shaded view it's showing up as "grey" (not red)

Glass 2
    shows properly in Hidden view, but in Shaded view it's showing up as "white" (no color)

How do you control the colors in Shaded view for glass?
    Attached Images Attached Images

All AUGI, all the time ejburrell67787's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Glass Color in Shaded with Lines View

I think you need to change your 'Surface Pattern' colours to match your shaded colours - for some reason they are what shows up in a Shaded with Edges view.
    Elrond Burrell, Architect

[Connect with me on LinkedIn or Twitter]

"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now."
    - Chinese Proverb

Login to Give a bone

Red face Re: Glass Color in Shaded with Lines View

That's how I had it at first but the problem was then I saw the colours in my "Hidden" view as well.

I'm trying to make it so I can do a black and white (with grey tones) presentation and a color presentation...

I was hoping to do it by switching between "Hidden Line" and "Shading with Lines" views.

Is there another way?

Thanks.

All AUGI, all the time ejburrell67787's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Are you looking for an on-screen presentations or printed? If printing then can't you just print the colour image in b/w? I thought hidden-line on screen view was b/w anyway? If necessary you can always export a jpg image and convert it to greyscale in photoshop or similar, then re-import it into Revit.

(Sorry Revit not available at the moment to check!)

Elrond
    Elrond Burrell, Architect

[Connect with me on LinkedIn or Twitter]

"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now."
    - Chinese Proverb

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: Glass Color in Shaded with Lines View

It's just that I'm frustrated at how "glass" reacts under the properties settings for settting up shading. It doesn't react the same way other materials do.

I can set a material to show plain white (no color) in Hidden view and can even have a pattern assigned to it....and then it can show as a colored surface in Shading with Edges view. But glass isn't reacting the same way with similar settings.

Just wondering why and maybe I'm missing something?

As far as the presentation, yes I can plot it out B/W no problem. I was just really hoping to generate a color presentation right out of "Revit". After all, if the program is to be as functional for architecture (building design and construction) as it is marketed to be, it needs to work for us right through all the stages up to the end!

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by artitech
    It's just that I'm frustrated at how "glass" reacts under the properties settings for settting up shading. It doesn't react the same way other materials do.
    The culprit is the "solid fill" under the surface pattern. Change this to any other pattern and it should work as you have planned. (or set the surface pattern to none) See the attached images. The first shows the amber glass with a solid fill. Note the amber glass is grey.
    The second shows the amber glass with a "glass line" hatch. Note the transparency and color returns and if any model object is behind the glass the pattern disappears. The glass wall in this model is 20'-0" high. The interior partition is only 10'-0" high, and there is no back wall, therefore the glass patterning shows where there is no model object behind the glass.... Note the shadows work and model hatch remain.

Hope this helps...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SkiSouth; 2005-06-18 at 09:55 PM.