See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: AutoCAD Warning message

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default AutoCAD Warning message

Description: I have setup a network installation for my office. I noticed on Windows 2000 systems that after my install, the user launches the program and the following warning message appears. "The following shortcuts in the search were invalid and ignored; R:\ADT2005\Plot Styles\\Copy of Add-A-Plot Style Table Wizard.lnk"

The shortcut mentioned is in the location specified, I have verified that. What is the problem

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD Warning message

Quote Originally Posted by jasontirone
    Description: I have setup a network installation for my office. I noticed on Windows 2000 systems that after my install, the user launches the program and the following warning message appears. "The following shortcuts in the search were invalid and ignored; R:\ADT2005\Plot Styles\\Copy of Add-A-Plot Style Table Wizard.lnk"

The shortcut mentioned is in the location specified, I have verified that. What is the problem
    Styles\\Copy of

Typo?

Login to Give a bone

The shortcut may be there, but the problem it is reporting is that the shortcut itself points to a location that no longer exists or is not accessible. Find the shortcut again in Windows Explorer, right click and choose Properties from the context menu. Find the Target property - its on the Shortcut tab in Windows 2000 Pro, and see where that is pointing. Perhaps it points to a folder that no longer exists, was moved or was on the local machine from which the network installation was created, but is not on the local machine where the installation was made.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Tod, I did notice the typo with the double \\. Where can I find that actual path though? It doesn't show up in my support paths and the actual shortcut Target field is correct. Where is it in ADT that is making it look there?

Login to Give a bone

In ADT 2004, you would look in Options > Files tab > Printer Support File Path > Plot Style Table Search Path. The location in ADT 2005 should be similar, if not the same.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Well I did check that location when I originally received the message but that path is only mapped to R:\ADT2005\Plot Styles Nothing else. My program picks up on all my other plot styles, the problem is simply this warning message when it boots up.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Ok, I simply deleted the shortcut off my server and that seemed to have resolved the issue this time. I still have access to the "Add a Plot Style Wixard" through the local computer so I guess I don't need the shortcut there anyhow. Thanks for the input folks.