Thread: Can't Get Last Two Panels to Work !!!

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Question Can't Get Last Two Panels to Work !!!

I managed to get the attached image as far as you see it with the "fabric panels" attached between the diagonal tubes. The last two bays I cannot figure out how to get a working plane for. The frames aren't true to one another, because of the angle...

What I did for the ones you see is use the wall that the frame sits in as a reference plane then take a section next to it and do an extrusion (component-ceiling) that runs the spacing between the next frame (bay).

(Sorry, I don't know why the Revit file is so big?)

Any ideas?

HELP!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Red face Re: Can't Get Last Two Panels to Work !!!

I changed my plan of attack on the last two panels and added additional posts that were in the same plane as the next that I was trying to attach fabric panels to... I'm done with this excercise, but if anyone figured ou how to get my original model to work the way I had hoped, please let me know.

Thanks.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Can't Get Last Two Panels to Work !!!

The end planes will be warped, so you need to construct the panels as a blend which would have the same start and end profiles, but each in the different planes. The fabric edges would be in tension ( unless held by rods ) and would need to be trimmed with a void form to get the correct "sail" effect.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by beegee; 2005-06-26 at 06:36 AM.

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: Can't Get Last Two Panels to Work !!!

beegee,

How would I get the working planes for the two edges? Can I take sections parallel to each face and move between the two as I am drawing the blend?

Still getting the hang of this...

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by artitech
    beegee,

How would I get the working planes for the two edges? Can I take sections parallel to each face and move between the two as I am drawing the blend?

Still getting the hang of this...
    There are some Revit limitations to achieve that. You can't blend 2 surfaces residing in non paralel planes. Your best shot is as per attached image and file. One panel edge has to be slightly curved although you can make them both (curved) for consitency.
    I have set up a working plane paralel to the one bracket and that's where the blend originates. Pay attention to the void cutting excessive panel lenght on the far (top) side. You hav to hover over it.
    Last edited by tarch; 2008-01-15 at 01:47 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: Can't Get Last Two Panels to Work !!!

tarch,

I'll take a look, thanks.

Login to Give a bone

You'll get it here: Ceiling made of fabric panels are mainly available in two different styles: fabric ceiling panels and fabric sound baffles. Ceiling fabric panels are installed on standard ceiling grid, while fabric sound baffle is suspended piece by piece.

- - - Updated - - -

You'll get it here: Ceiling made of fabric panels are mainly available in two different styles: fabric ceiling panels and fabric sound baffles. Ceiling fabric panels are installed on standard ceiling grid, while fabric sound baffle is suspended piece by piece.