What are the differences between a Detail View and a Plan View or Building Section View. ?
- Different system Families. – Different branches of the browser.
- Plan Detail Views can be used to create multiple types of plan views. ( So that different callout styles can be used ) Plan views cannot.
- Detail Views can have arbitrary orientation. Plan views are always parallel to the ground. ( If DV made as a callout and its tag kept visible in parent view only, then it will stay horizontal. )
- Plan DVs have a graphics property “set to show in intersecting views If set, the detailview will appear as a section detail in sections and elevations that intersect the detailview callout extents. If set to “ parent view only” this does not happen. A Floor Plan callout does not need to be set to show in intersecting views.
- A detailview can be “ hidden at scales coarser than”, whereas a floor plan or building section view cannot
- if you use a detailview as a floor plan callout, you can't put room tags in the view.