Thread: Tracking time in drawings

Login to Give a bone

Question Tracking time in drawings

We have recently upgraded from Autocad 2000i with LDD to a Civil 3D subscription with Land Desktop and Civil Design Companion. In 2000i the today window kept track of the drawings that were opened each day. That was an easy way for me to keep track of which projects I had worked on. Is there any way to do this in Land Desktop 2005 or 2006? Or maybe a program that will do it?

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: Tracking time in drawings

Quote Originally Posted by jbbarrus
    We have recently upgraded from Autocad 2000i with LDD to a Civil 3D subscription with Land Desktop and Civil Design Companion. In 2000i the today window kept track of the drawings that were opened each day. That was an easy way for me to keep track of which projects I had worked on. Is there any way to do this in Land Desktop 2005 or 2006? Or maybe a program that will do it?

Thanks
    I am going to move this from the New users forum, below snippet is from the small print on the Forum General page -

<snip>

New to the Forums? This is the place to experiment with the posting editor and learn how to interact with our forums. Please experiment here with forum features and commands.
    </snip>
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Tracking time in drawings

>>jbbarrus
    Try EDITTIME command from ExpressTools.
    It seems will help you.

Civil Engineering Moderator MHultgren's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I have a little VBA Ap that was written (Great Kudos to RLB!!) to generate a Journal entry in Outlook if you are interested send me a PM and let me know.

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: Tracking time in drawings

Quote Originally Posted by MHultgren
    I have a little VBA Ap that was written (Great Kudos to RLB!!) to generate a Journal entry in Outlook if you are interested send me a PM and let me know.
    Sorry Mark, I'm new to forums. I don't know what a PM is. I would like to try your application if I could. Thanks for the response. Let me know what you need to know. Not sure if I should post my email address here or not.

Thanks
    John Barrus

Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: Tracking time in drawings

Sorry Mark, I'm new to forums. I don't know what a PM is. I would like to try your application if I could. Thanks for the response. Let me know what you need to know. Not sure if I should post my email address here or not.

Thanks
    John Barrus
    PM is a private message... just click on the user's name on the left, you'll get dropdown option to view their profile or send a PM... then you type, hit send, and when you get one, you'll see a notice (upper right corner, Welcome, jbbarrus. you last visited: Today at Private Message: 1) then you can exchange email addy's without making it public...)
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

That was an easy way for me to keep track of which projects I had worked on.
    I turn on maintain a log file in options and use those. It's clunky, but gives a thorough useage history.