Thread: Stairs and railings

Login to Give a bone

Default Stairs and railings

I have several problems with a stair I'm trying to create in Release 8. First of all the stair turns back underneath itself as you can see in the plan. I haven't been able to determine how to accomplish this other than making two separate stairs. Is it possible to have a single stair turn beneath itself? Problem 2 is with the railings. I have a newel post created and posts are to be placed wherever there is a break in the sketch. See the sketch drawing attached with the nodes highlighted. For the railing to be at the required heights the nodes have to be wherever the slope planes break. However, this is not necessarily where I want the posts to be, ie. on the face of the nosing. Another problem is the post heights as you can see in the sections. The last problem with the rails is similar to the one with the stair turning beneath itself. It won't allow me to sketch the railing path over the top of the one below. Does the railing have to be disjointed rather than continuous because of this? Any help regarding these problems will be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images