Thread: Video cards that support multiple monitors

Login to Give a bone

Default Video cards that support multiple monitors

Has anybody done a review of video cards that support multiple monitors? I looked at Cadalyst's web site and they haven't done one in a couple of years. I'm looking for a good card that will support 3 monitors, hopefully for under $500.

Can anybody help me out?

Thanks in advance

I could stop if I wanted to de-co1's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Video cards that support multiple monitors

At the beginning of the year, the company I was employed with finally allowed me to upgrade my desktop. Being in SA at the time, I could only get what was readily available, and in combination with an AMD 4.2 gHz on SLi ready board, I bought the ATi Radeon 850 XT.

It only supports two monitors, however, two cards on the SLi board would allow you a setup of four monitors. I had one card and used this in a two monitor configuration, and ran 3D MAX 5 and ACAD 2005 on each monitor concurrently, without any problems. I would go as far as to say it was probably the best set-up I've ever had.

It is a gaming card, but 3D specific cards within affordable price ranges are not available down south.

My knowledge on the technicalities of the card itself are minimal and most likely dangerous, so more than that, I cannot give...

Good luck, and please post any links here if you find good reviews, articles et al.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Video cards that support multiple monitors

Graphics Card Comparison Guide

"These days, there are so many graphics card models that it has become quite impossible to keep up with the different configurations. Therefore, we decided to compile this guide to provide an easy reference for those who are interested in comparing the specifications of the various desktop GPUs in the market as well as those already obsolescent or obsolete."