Thread: Block Insertion

Login to Give a bone

Default Block Insertion

I know this seems like a very basic? But somthing does not seem right. I have blocks that have attributes that are the correct size. But it seems when I insert these files they are coming in at different scales. I also have a x-ref boarder that is 22x34 and when I bring it in it is much smaller.

Could you please comment on some of the settings that effect block and x-ref scale.

Also where do you set the scale factor on blocks, when I go to insert a block it is giving me a scale factor of .083 when a block comes in correctly it has a scale factor of 1.
    Last edited by chuston.91700; 2005-08-05 at 04:34 PM. Reason: additional information

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Block Insertion

In the options box, under the User Preferences tab there is a box that says Insertion scale, make sure both of the drop downs are set appropriately. In our case they are set to inches.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cwade
    In the options box, under the User Preferences tab there is a box that says Insertion scale, make sure both of the drop downs are set appropriately. In our case they are set to inches.
    Also, if the offending blocks were created by a vertical package (or have objects that came from a vertical) you will need to check the scale stored in the AEC dictionary. To do that, use the -DwgUnits command. Don't use this command on blocks that you are confident are not touched by a vertical product.

Login to Give a bone

When I choose to insert a block, my block dialog box in the lower right corner says the scale factor is .083. Where did this come from. Should'nt this be set to 1?

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by chuston.91700
    When I choose to insert a block, my block dialog box in the lower right corner says the scale factor is .083. Where did this come from. Should'nt this be set to 1?
    1/12=.083 your basic inch to foot conversion. Check the User Preferences tab in Options. Make sure your source and target units are the same.