Thread: Dual Monitors

Login to Give a bone

Cool Dual Monitors

Just curious to know how many of you have dual monitors. I've requested (and luckily got approval) for dual monitors with the last two companies I worked for and now with the company I currently work for. It makes life so much easier! As a matter of fact, when I started with this company I told them immediately that with the amount of multi-tasking I was required to do that I had to have a two-monitor system. I have a new system on order with 19" dual monitors (Dell had a promotion where you got the second one free- what a deal!) One of the other techs saw how convenient it was and now is getting my current system as a hand-me-down so that she can have dual monitors. BTW, it sure is nice to keep an eye on batch files that are running while I keep the other eye on the forum. ( I probably look like some kind of alien, sort of like the promo for the heads up display for 2006! )

I could stop if I wanted to michael.12445's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Dual Monitors

Considering how difficult it is to extract hardware purchases from the principals here, I'm lucky to have a single monitor...

Michael Evans

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by falls-c
    Just curious to know how many of you have dual monitors. I've requested (and luckily got approval) for dual monitors with the last two companies I worked for and now with the company I currently work for. It makes life so much easier! As a matter of fact, when I started with this company I told them immediately that with the amount of multi-tasking I was required to do that I had to have a two-monitor system. I have a new system on order with 19" dual monitors (Dell had a promotion where you got the second one free- what a deal!) One of the other techs saw how convenient it was and now is getting my current system as a hand-me-down so that she can have dual monitors. BTW, it sure is nice to keep an eye on batch files that are running while I keep the other eye on the forum. ( I probably look like some kind of alien, sort of like the promo for the heads up display for 2006! )
    I'm using dual monitors, now that I have rearranged my desk to accomodate them. Everyone in the office is curious as to why I need two monitors. It makes _ork soo much easier.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

I could stop if I wanted to scwegner's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by michael.12445
    Considering how difficult it is to extract hardware purchases from the principals here, I'm lucky to have a single monitor...

Michael Evans
    Ditto. First a CAD version upgrade, then... no actually, there is no then. They'd never spring for dual monitors.

Login to Give a bone

Hi "falls-c" (Sorry, I don't know your real name)

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the Coffee Without CAD forum to this one...

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator

Manufacturing Moderator jonathan.landeros's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I've been able to use two monitors here and there (I work on a laptop or projector a lot so I'm usually on a single screen). But when I've had the chance to use them, I like them. At some point will probably go to a second monitor at home.

I know a couple of guys who like them because they use one monitor for their CAD app, and the other for spec sheets and the like that they might need for reference.

It saves the trouble of having to switch programs.
    Jonathan Landeros
    KETIV Technologies
    Orange County, California.

I've got a blog: www.inventor-tales.blogspot.com

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction.Next stop, Looneyville.” -Bob the Skull in the Dresden Files

All AUGI, all the time Alex Page's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I have dual monitors and I love it...one at home and its a nightmare! Its like going back to a Pentium 1 after using a Pentium 4

Some probs thou, but sounds like 8.1 is looking after tehm better, this is how I set mine up

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=8114