Thread: Wierd message after running LISP routine - "So long, and thanks for all the fish"

All AUGI, all the time pauljordan's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Wierd message after running LISP routine - "So long, and thanks for all the fish"

OK, today I was drawing a rectangle with a lisp routine called RT.lsp. I've had it in my acad.lsp file for well over 10 years now.

I cut and pasted a drawing straight from Visio right onto my AutoCad screen, actually did a drag and drop, it surprised me that it would work.

So, I went into my RT command to draw the rectangle. Basically I draw a lone on whatever angle I want, then it takes a right angle off the endpoint and allows me to select the 3rd point and fills in the rest making it a closed polyline. Well, today, after I clicked the 3rd point, the image dissappeared and I noticed some text down on my command line that's not usually there. When this routine normally executes, it will print "Hey, isn't that a polyrectangle" on my command line (It's just something I put in there many years ago.".. Well, today, the message was:

"So long, and thanks for all the fish"

I kid you not, this is not a joke. I have only downloaded one small program lately from a very reputable site. I contacted the author and he said he had nothing to do with it. Does anyone have any idea where this message came from?? I mean, beside Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy?? Which, BTW, was just released on DVD last week.. Coincidence?? Hmmm...

An ideas??

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Wierd message after running LISP routine - "So long, and thanks for all the fish"

Hi

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD General forum to this one as I believe it would be better served here.

+

For starters I would suggest you post the code to LISP routine RT.lsp

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Wierd message after running LISP routine - "So long, and thanks for all the fish"

Quote Originally Posted by pauljordan
    I really hope you are dreaming, please upload the 10 years old file and I will penetrate it,
    the second one you have downloaded, do not send it to anyone, today you can do things with reactors that turn your dreams into mad dreams, and maybe there is a fault/error in your old file that an evil reactor enjoy.

: ) Happy Computing and sleep well !

kennet

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by pauljordan
    The dolphins did it!