Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: command alias

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default command alias

I am trying to write a lisp for construction staking in ldd. Basically what I am doing is having a person pick two endpoints of a line that is xrefed in. With these two points I will use them to draw a terrain 3d polyline then place points along the line and calculate the elevations automatically. However I am very new to lisp and they way i was doing it was storing the input when the select the two lines then entering them in for all the commands. I do not know some of the command aliases for LDD. How do you run a command and set the variables for that command if you do not know the alias?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: command alias

IMO...

NEVER use an alias.
    Only use the full command name.
    It's a lot safer and less likely to bomb. What if an alias is redirected to a different command?

I know that
    Code:
    (command "line")
    will always start a line whereas
    Code:
    (command "L")
    might do any number of things depending on what you have written in the past.

If you use "line" then you also know that it will work on my system too (as long as I haven't redefined the "line" command.)

The lisp should save you time when you use it. Try to save time in the coding process and it's more likely to be buggy, meaning its only use will be taking up a few Kb on a harddrive.

Login to Give a bone

I agree with Tod, and to add on top of that you can use (command ".line") to ensure you are using the original Autodesk version. Some programmers like to re-define commands, it is a good idea to get in the habit of placing the dot before your commands. Here is a link to give an example.

http://tinyurl.com/439cq

HTH,
    Matt Worland

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

My problem is that for some commands in land desktop I cannot find the command name to type at the command line. How do I find out the command names for these commands that are specific to land desktop?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw.94380
    My problem is that for some commands in land desktop I cannot find the command name to type at the command line. How do I find out the command names for these commands that are specific to land desktop?
    How do you generally run this command?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Either by a button or it is on a pull down menu. If you know about land desktop I could tell you more specifically. thanks for the help

Login to Give a bone

Either by a button or it is on a pull down menu. If you know about land desktop I could tell you more specifically. thanks for the help
    After you click on the button or menu command look at the commmand line, it should show you the command it iniates.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

It doesn't show the command name and when I bring up the text window it does not do it either. It seems as though commands that are specifically for land desktop do not have a command name that I can find. Is there a way to define a command without knowing the original command if there is one. Or another way to run that command in a lisp routine. thank you

Login to Give a bone

It doesn't show the command name and when I bring up the text window it does not do it either. It seems as though commands that are specifically for land desktop do not have a command name that I can find. Is there a way to define a command without knowing the original command if there is one. Or another way to run that command in a lisp routine. thank you
    You can go to customize the button and in there it will tell you what the button does. Just right click on the button and go to CUSTOMIZE it is towards the bottom.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

^C^C^C^P(er_mnl)(zz_sdsk '(er_grdplnslp));LDD

This is what it says when I go to button properties in the customize menu. The other commands that I am looking at also have this same format more or less. This part is listed in macro associated with this button.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast