Thread: Scale problem.. drawing measures correctly but a line drawn tosamesize appears bigger

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Question Scale problem.. drawing measures correctly but a line drawn tosamesize appears bigger

Hi My first post... I am getting emailed drawing that are marked N.T.S.. The drawings when measured using CAD are correct size. But Say if you measure something say 50mm long and then draw a line beside it At 50mm it will appear a couple of times bigger and not be equal to the original is there any way of converting back to 1/1 scale ??/
    And what is causing this ??

Yours Sincerely
    Paul Lonergan

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Scale problem.. drawing measures correctly but a line drawn tosamesize appears bigger

Quote Originally Posted by dhyperman
    Hi My first post... I am getting emailed drawing that are marked N.T.S.. The drawings when measured using CAD are correct size. But Say if you measure something say 50mm long and then draw a line beside it At 50mm it will appear a couple of times bigger and not be equal to the original is there any way of converting back to 1/1 scale ??/
    And what is causing this ??

Yours Sincerely
    Paul Lonergan
    Almost sounds like a Paper vs Model space issue. Are you sure you are drawing and measuring in the same space?

Another option would be that you aren't viewing the line you are measuring in the line's UCS. That is, that the line actually rises toward or away from you so that when you measure it, it's length reports the rise too so it reports the proper length. Then, when you are drawing, perhaps the UCS is set to your view so the lines aren't drawn in the same plane. Draw your 50mm line that appears bigger and then use 3d orbit to soo if the lines indeed are drawing in the same plane or not.