Thread: profile labels

Login to Give a bone

Exclamation profile labels

Has anyone discovered a way to reinstate the visibility of a label of a proposed finished grade centerline after the visibility has been set to false? I did not want to see the grade break labels and vertical curve labels as produced by the program, and the only way to hide them was to set visibility of each to false. Now we discover we need to see information from these labels, and need to reinstate them. (I tried to set the layer settings of the labels so I could freeze them in the viewport, but this also controlled the grade of a slope.)

Thanks-

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: profile labels

The 'best' practice would be to go to the settings tab and create a set of profile and profile view label styles that place the labels where and how you desire them.
    If you skip over this part, you can still click on the profile, and Right-Click and select EDIT LABELS, and then you can edit the label properties and what does and doesn't get labeled thus you wont need to set the visibility for individual elements. As you see it's hard to locate and invisible object to select it, and set it back to visible.
    Or whilst editing the profile labels you set ALL the labels of that type to visibility = false, and apply that setting, then set it to true and apply, your ghost elements will reappear

Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: profile labels

OK, I took a random shot and figured it out. After a label has had it's visibility set to false, you no longer have anything (label-wise) to click on to set visibility true. But if you right-click on the profile, go to "Edit Labels", it brings up the profile labels dialog box. Highlight the type of label you "hid" (in my case it was sag curves), and it allows the "Reset" button to be used (upper right corner). Click this and your long lost labels reappear!