Thread: I have Arched Brick openings and windows and I need the brick hatch to Arch?

Login to Give a bone

Question I have Arched Brick openings and windows and I need the brick hatch to Arch?

Can anybody think of a way to get a brick hatch to arch by brick I mean the ends of brick forming a arch around the openings and window heads?

Thanks for any help!

Login to Give a bone

Cool Re: I have Arched Brick openings and windows and I need the brick hatch to Arch?

Below I have place a link to a page in the autodesk site that contains some user made style. The page you will go to with like below is of some window style you will see one here that was made with a brick sill. Check it out and see if a modified version of this window will help, or it might just show you how to make your own.

The window style is:
    Window Assemblies Styles_132

The link isCopy and past the link below into your explorer's address bar)
    http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...linkID=2475897

let me know if this helps.

Jason

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: I have Arched Brick openings and windows and I need the brick hatch to Arch?

I don't believe this is possible through convention 2d hatch methods. I have created 3d mass element blocks and used polar array to place to get desired results. If your're using a keystone at top of arch, break up the array for right and left side and use mirror.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: I have Arched Brick openings and windows and I need the brick hatch to Arch?

I've not done this but I have pondered whether a customised curtain wall with 3d brick model for the infill might be used. You can curve a CWA but it's displaymight get confused as you turn it on it's side. You would need to use it to create a block to size that get's inserted into the window or door style but in theory in myhead it should work.
    In simple 2D you would need to create a block and array the joints around. I have done this and it's hit & miss to get the spacing.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jgardner.79905 View Post
    Below I have place a link to a page in the autodesk site that contains some user made style. The page you will go to with like below is of some window style you will see one here that was made with a brick sill. Check it out and see if a modified version of this window will help, or it might just show you how to make your own.

The window style is:
    Window Assemblies Styles_132

The link isCopy and past the link below into your explorer's address bar)
    http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...linkID=2475897

let me know if this helps.

Jason
    Clicking on your link produced the following result: "The Page You Were Looking for Was Not Found"

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cgraham View Post
    Clicking on your link produced the following result: "The Page You Were Looking for Was Not Found"
    Well the correct link is

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...linkID=9240658

Although it is just a style showing a flat brick sill.