Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LASTSET selection set

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ACAD Wish List Administration

Default LASTSET selection set

Summary: A new selection set that selects last set of items created by a copy or mirror command

Description: Create an additional selection set type "LASTSET" which would contain the new items created by a copy or mirror command.

How Used: If you copy a group of items to a new location and then want to perform another operation on that new set of items, you have to select them all over again, which sometimes isn't easily done. The "PREVIOUS" selection option will easily select the original set that was copied, but there is no easy way to reselect the NEW set of items. The "LAST" selection option will find only the very last singe item created. This new selection set type would find the full set of entities just created.

Feature Affinity: Modify

Submitted By: Mark Terres on October 3, 2005

Smile Re: LASTSET selection set

It is very useful

Default Re: LASTSET selection set

Me too. Yes please.

Digital Delivery Director Brian Myers's Avatar

I agree...

Lightbulb Re: LASTSET selection set

The option could be called "New" or "Newset" (so you could access the option by typing "n") and should select ALL of the new objects from the last command (such as "copy" or "mirror"), whether they are on or off screen (like "Previous" does).

I would like to pose a question (maybe we should have a poll): What should the behavior be for commands such as copy multiple? Should only the last copy set be selected, or all of the new objects (since the start of the last command)? Personally, I only recall wanting this option when I'm doing a single copy (or mirror), but I was curious how others would use it (for a multiple condition). Maybe there could be a second option for "Multiple new", or just hit the new option twice/multiple times to progressively select the preceding new sets?

Also, there needs to be an option (similar to undo groups) to programmatically set where the "New" group begins and ends. For example, I have a command that draws a truss (multiple objects from line & pline commands). After running that command, I'd like to be able to select all those objects without having to window it. I could probably achieve similar functionality now (and use the "Previous" selection), but it would be more consistent to be selected through a "new" option.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post

This would be extremely useful.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post

Agree that it would be extremely helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by acadwishlist

How Used: If you copy a group of items to a new location and then want to perform another operation on that new set of items, you have to select them all over again, which sometimes isn't easily done. The "PREVIOUS" selection option will easily select the original set that was copied, but there is no easy way to reselect the NEW set of items.
    I had assumed that everyone knew the workaround for this but perhaps I was wrong.
    Anyway - Copy your objects in place ("from" and "to" locations are the same) then start the Move command using the "P"revious selction set. You actually move the original objects and the copies stay at the original location.

HTH.

The above does not detract from the original wish, though.

Quote Originally Posted by jaberwok
    I had assumed that everyone knew the workaround for this but perhaps I was wrong.
    Anyway - Copy your objects in place ("from" and "to" locations are the same) then start the Move command using the "P"revious selction set. You actually move the original objects and the copies stay at the original location.

HTH.
    But what happens if any third party software has attached data to those entities? This workaround would affect that data.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast