Thread: Presentation Experiment 2005

All AUGI, all the time Roger Evans's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Presentation Experiment 2005

To avoid boredom I just loaded up Corel Draw 8 (old version hanging around) to see what it had to offer. I have not got into the program yet but was quite impressed with this as an alternative to the usual coloured version.

If anyone knows how to give the shadow areas some sort of charcoal diagonal texture could they let me know how to do it please
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Roger Evans; 2005-10-06 at 02:26 AM.

I could stop if I wanted to kpaxton's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Presentation Experiment 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Evans
    To avoid boredom I just loaded up Corel Draw 8 (old version hanging around) to see what it had to offer. I have not got into the program yet but was quite impressed with this as an alternative to the usual coloured version.

If anyone knows how to give the shadow areas some sort of charcoal diagonal texture could they let me know how to do it please
    You're Bored???? Damn man... get on a plane!! We'll put you to work! (..and then you'll hate me in 3 months! :P )

OK, I don't know CorelDraw from a hole in the ground, although friends of mine like using it. I prefer using Photoshop or Painter IX to add my nuances. I would suggest putting your image in Photoshop and using one of the filters like Graphic Pen (under Sketch Filters) -unless CD has a similar feature.

I've attached a small test image showing the result of the Graphic Pen filter. Obviously, you could do this just on your 'shadow selections' and not the whole image.
    Attached Images Attached Images

All AUGI, all the time Roger Evans's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Presentation Experiment 2005

Cheers Kyle

I don't have Pshop yet but Corel was to hand (albeit an old version) so I thought I'd play with that ~ I believe you can do similar stuff with the graphic pen in Corel I just haven't got there yet. The greyscale & tint of the plan could have been done almost as well in my old paint program but it then gets more difficult to doctor & tweak small areas.

I know I'll have to invest in PShop at some stage (As well as Sketch Up / Maxwell etc etc)
    but finding the time to learn & become reasonably proficient is the most daunting aspect