Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't plot sheetsets in ADT05

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Can't plot sheetsets in ADT05

Happy New Year,
    I’ve had a plotting issue that no one has been able to resolve in over 6 months and I’m beyond desperate.
    When trying to plot a sheetset in, adt05, the status bar gets to the 2nd sheet & I get a fatal error message, “FATAL ERROR: unhandled access violation reading 0x0004 exception at 61511e2H” and ADT shuts down.
    This happens whether plotting to file, plotting to DWF, or plotting to my plotter. I have been sending my plots to a reprographer and paying big $$$ to have them plot & deliver.
    Last week I bought a very high end plotter, hoping I could start doing my plots in house and avoid misplots and the expense. So I’m trying to go after this problem head on and see if some saintly genius has the fix for me. Here’s what I’ve tried so far:
    Created new pc3 files several times, spooling in computer rather then in printer, publishing in the backround/forground, changing the publish directory to “Publish Locally”, Plot from the File Menu, plot from the layout tab, plot from the publish dialog box, and much more.
    I’m on xp pro, 120G hard drive 512 mb ram, 2.17 GHz processor, hard drive is filled to about 15% capacity.

Thank You,
    Phil Vanderloo

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Can't plot sheetsets in ADT05

Have you run a thorough test on you RAM? Have you tried turning background publishing off? Have you run the registry fix in the ADT install? Have you reinstalled ADT?

Login to Give a bone

I have been having the exact same problem. I just switched to a new computer this week when the problem started. The old computer, with the same ADT 2005 SP1 installation, can plot the sheet set with no problems whereas the new installation crashes as you described. The main difference that I find between the two installations is that the new one is on a Windows XP Service Pack 2 installation and the old one is on XP Service Pack 1.

Login to Give a bone

That's interesting. I'm also on xp sevice pack 2. Keep me posted on your progress pleeeease! I've spent an incredible amount of time with, still, no solution.
    Sucks when I just spent 7k on a new plotter and I can't use it.
    Thanks for your input.
    Phil

Login to Give a bone

Hey James,
    here's an update on my progress on this issue. I posted this on the Autodesk Discussion Group Forum;
    Hey Autodesk,
    I've been battling a publishing issue in ADT 05 for months with no resolve and now,
    after wearing out 3 or 4 tech people to the point that they won't even respond to my emails anymore,
    I've narrowed down the culprit. Now all I need is the fix. I've been unable to publish sheetsets
    in ADT 05. When I try to publish, no matter where I publish to, or what format, (plot to file, DWF, etc,)
    The status bar gets to the 2nd sheet and the program freezes up and shuts down.
    This happens in any and every project. Any and every Printer.
    Well, it dawned on me today that I've never tried to do this on my laptop so I did and it worked
    perfectly every time. Then I noticed that I haven't installed SP1 on my laptop, so I did and guess what.
    Now I can't publish sheetsets on my laptop either. Same exact problem. Running ADT05, Windows xp, SP1.
    sheetset publish hangs on sheet 2 and shuts down with Fatal error ox0004-exception at 61651432h.
    Can you help me out?

Thanks,
    Phil Vanderloo

Login to Give a bone

Hi

Have you looked at Service Pack 1 for ADT 2005 -

ID: DL4645065 - Autodesk® Architectural Desktop 2005 Service Pack 1

Readme for the Architectural Desktop 2005 Service Pack 1

Below snippet is taken from the above readme file -

<snip>
    Additional Known Issues

These are problems that have been identified in the original release of Architectural Desktop 2005 that are not corrected with this Service Pack.

Publishing Multiple Sheets Within Project Navigator
    When working with a project loaded from a mapped drive, publishing multiple sheets from the Sheets tab of the Project Navigator should be done using the "Publish Sheet Set" button at the bottom of this tab. If you select Publish > Publish Dialog Box... from the right-click menu, a fatal error will occur.
    </snip>

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Thanks Mike,
    Ya I read that today. The only difference being I'm not on a mapped drive.
    Where would one go then for a fix?

Phil

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by vanderloo5
    Where would one go then for a fix?
    Hi

Pass

I assume you've installed ADT 2005 Service Pack 1 just to see if it made any difference?

What about Service Pack 2 for Windows XP ?

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Ya Mike, That was a typo on my post. I'm on adt05 SP1, windows xp pro SP2
    That was supposed to be my whole point is that it's been happening on my pc with SP1. Then, when I loaded SP1 on my laptop, it immediately began happening there as well.
    Sorry about that, I guess I wasn't very clear.

Thanks,
    Phil
    P.S both machines are on adt05 SP1, Windows xp pro SP2. Both having the exact same problem.

Login to Give a bone

Looks like Mike's snippet from the SP1 readme file hits the nail on the head.
    <snip>
    Additional Known Issues

These are problems that have been identified in the original release of Architectural Desktop 2005 that are not corrected with this Service Pack.

Publishing Multiple Sheets Within Project Navigator
    When working with a project loaded from a mapped drive, publishing multiple sheets from the Sheets tab of the Project Navigator should be done using the "Publish Sheet Set" button at the bottom of this tab. If you select Publish > Publish Dialog Box... from the right-click menu, a fatal error will occur.
    </snip>
    I've found that trying the same sheet set publish in the method above eliminates the crash problem. The new problem is that you can't pick page setups for your sheets; the page setups will have to be set as defaults beforehand.

Another method is to type "Publish" at the command line to bring up the Publish Dialog Box. You will have to manually pick your sheet layouts to plot, but it doesn't seem to have a crash problem like it does through the Sheet Set Manager.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast