Thread: Revit to Maxwell School Exterior

Login to Give a bone

Smile Revit to Maxwell School Exterior

Here is a project we're currently working on in Revit. It's actually our first Revit project as an office but due to starts and stops it's still going two years later.

The building is a theater/arts building for a small private Midwestern college with a program that includes a bit of everything.

The renderings were thrown together for fund raising purposes. The school requested several key shots to show key donors in an effort to get specific donations for each donors area of interest.

The building was already drawn in Revit and most of the materials were correctly assigned, but I didn't have time to burn setting up Accurender, so I bought Maxwell Render and dove in. I exported the model to Max, re-assigned all the textures to Maxwell textures, assigned UVW mapping and hit render. There were two or three days at the beginning figuring out materials, but after that each of these only got 1 day setup and 1 night rendering. If any look better than others it's because they rendered over a weekend. The exceptions are the office which I spent a few days playing around with in Max to model books etc and the Gallery and Classroom which were both done on the same day. The time wasted on the office cost me in the end because I didn't finish all the required shots. I couldn't put any extra time into them because the office was donating the service to the college and I still had to get billable work done on other jobs at the same time, plus I had to leave at 5:30 promptly every day to attend to family matters.

Some days were wasted because not every shot worked, the people and backgrounds are done in Photoshop, and the front of the building was skipped because it's design is still in "discussion".

I'm pretty happy with what Maxwell did in the crunch, hope you like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

All AUGI, all the time Roger Evans's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit to Maxwell School Exterior

Damn they are nice .. lovely compositions .. great flair

Revit at the Movies contender

Well Done

I could stop if I wanted to Lashers's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I must make better use of my investment . .i must ma . . . .

Just how good are they! I guess its get on the bus or get left behind! There goes Christmas!

Only problem is Maxwell or new 24" Flat screen!!????

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Only problem is Maxwell or new 24" Flat screen!!????
    Maxwell is going up in price this month from 495 to 995 for the V1 release. Flat screens will more than likely only come down in price

Guy

I could stop if I wanted to Kroke's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Nice, I especially like the glass material.

Are the trees done with Tree Druid, RPC, or another plug for Max?

Login to Give a bone

Maxwell only handles geometry so no RPC. All the plants (except the background which I dropped in in Photoshop) are modeled in Max (some by me, some downloaded of the web over time)... they're actually pretty simple and just repeated a lot. The stick trees on the end view of the building prompted me to purchase Onyx Tree, but I didn't get it in time for this job.

Since exterior renderings using Maxwell's built in daylight system are relatively fast I loaded the file up with a lot of plant geometry. The built in Max rendered would have choked on all those plants (not to mention the full Revit model) and I got a bit carried away copying plants around. When I say fast, I mean 12-14 hours of rendering time...

I could stop if I wanted to Kroke's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Yeah, the biggest plus I can see is the built in lighting, as Accurender 4, environments are pre-programmed in so you don't have to waste time setting up your lighting scene (something I'm very poor at doing, especially in VIZ/MAX). That's great. Let me know how Onyx works out!