Thread: Rvt to dwg/dwf - scale problem

Login to Give a bone

Default Rvt to dwg/dwf - scale problem

When i try to export a *.rvt file to dwg or dxf file i get the drawing scaled up by i 1000 times!! What am i doing wrong?

Also how could i possible get a transparent filled region so i can see the oblects underneeth?

thanks

Revit Arch. Wishlist Mgr. Wes Macaulay's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Rvt to dwg/dwf - scale problem

Quote Originally Posted by akrolith
    When i try to export a *.rvt file to dwg or dxf file i get the drawing scaled up by i 1000 times!! What am i doing wrong?

Also how could i possible get a transparent filled region so i can see the oblects underneeth?

thanks
    What are your Revit units? The, in AutoCAD, execute the UNITS command and tell us what you see there.

As for transparent filled regions -- you can do this as long as it's not a solid hatch. You'll see a setting for this under the filled region's properties > Edit/New > Background under Graphics section.

Cheers - and welcome to AUGI!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Rvt to dwg/dwf - scale problem

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Macaulay
    What are your Revit units? The, in AutoCAD, execute the UNITS command and tell us what you see there.

As for transparent filled regions -- you can do this as long as it's not a solid hatch. You'll see a setting for this under the filled region's properties > Edit/New > Background under Graphics section.

Cheers - and welcome to AUGI!
    I am using meters in revit. And when i execute the units command in autocad the length type is decimal.
    Of course i could easilly scale down my drawing in autocad by a scale factor of 0.001 and get it in meters but then i would have to change the text height as well and it gets really complicated...

I am struggling with all these cause i want to exchange info between revit and scada ( reinforced concrete design programme) and these two can be linked in autocad.

Lastly, about the filled region command, what i ment to say is not only for the filled pattern to be transparent but also not to cross whats underneeth. e.g. lets say i want to apply a diagonal crosshatch in my wc and see the shower,toilet and sink without them being crosshatched. (sorry for the confusion i might have caused but english is not my first language)

By the way, i have become a big revit fan and i might as well post my first completed project in the gallery right now!!