Thread: 1st time rendering - Wall Reveals not showing up in elevation rendering

Login to Give a bone

Question 1st time rendering - Wall Reveals not showing up in elevation rendering

I created a reveal by creating a profile and then I applied the profile/reveal to the wall using the Host Sweep/Wall Reveal command. The reveals show up fine in all regular and 3D views until I start rendering them and then they disappear. Does anyone know how I can make them show up in my rendering?

I could stop if I wanted to cosmickingpin's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 1st time rendering - Wall Reveals not showing up in elevation rendering

The problem is you light angle (I think), unless you move you light source to show the shadow line better, it will read as the same material. You have a few options:
    1, exagerate the depth of the reveal to get it to show better.
    2 wiggle your light source around to get the shadow line to reveal a little better.
    3, paint the wall material inside the reveal to a slightly different material, one exactly the same but with a tone or hue varaition.
    4. add any of the above effects on photo shop or some other post rendering doctoring up, ie lines, or color changes...

other problem, you resolution setting might be too low for it to show, you may need to increase that as well. what are you out puting that at? image size and reolution?

Quote Originally Posted by kim.74445
    I created a reveal by creating a profile and then I applied the profile/reveal to the wall using the Host Sweep/Wall Reveal command. The reveals show up fine in all regular and 3D views until I start rendering them and then they disappear. Does anyone know how I can make them show up in my rendering?
    Last edited by cosmickingpin; 2005-10-17 at 04:52 PM.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 1st time rendering - Wall Reveals not showing up in elevation rendering

Also, if you are rendering as a pure elevation than you really have to increase resolution by using "Best" under settings and increase dpi to 300 or better and do what the previous post suggested. Also, try adjusting your "image" settings in DB.

All AUGI, all the time Max Lloyd's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I have had a similar situation where trees do not appear. The reason for this is that the WHOLE tree has not been within the view. So what I tend to do, is create a separate elevation that is very wide, and looking very deep into the project. Then I use region raytrace to render the area I want.

Yours could be a similar problem. If your family with the profiles in goes all around the building, it may be that your elevation that you have used to base your 3d view on, is not seeing far enough to fully encapsulate the family. I suggest setting up a new ele, very wide and very deep, that will definitely fully contain your profile family.

Then try orienting your 3d view to that ele, then render. I would use at least 300DPI for a decent finish.

Good luck.

Max.

Login to Give a bone

For this sort of work I do a composite. I render the elevation. Then export the linework. Then composite one over the other for a nice combination of technical and rendered view. I use Corel to get nice crisp scalable linework, but have done it in Photoshop too.