Thread: Quick Room Finish Schedule by Room Type

"Rock-n-Roll Architect" SCShell's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Quick Room Finish Schedule by Room Type

Hey there,
    Although I have been using this technique for a while, I thought that I would share it with you all, especially new users that may not be aware of how "flexible" Revit can be!

I have a standard Room Finish Schedule w/ keyed schedules for floors, ceilings, wall finishes and base. I have all of them loaded into my standard template as a separate sheet, with my Finish Notes; however, on certain projects, I don't really want (or need) to show every room individually in a schedule. So, I have a little "trick" that I do to generate a really quick Room Finish Schedule that only has the main room types. (ie: Public Corridors, All Offices, Staff Lounge, All Open Work Station Areas etc. rather than by each individual room.) I must mention also, that on these types of projects, I do not use Room Tags for room identification on the drawings. (I just use a different text in a box for these.)

First, add a few room tags to your plan for each "type" of room or use that you want scheduled. Then type in room tag names like, "All Offices" etc. Now, go to the Room Finish Schedule and fill it out, including all of you keyed schedule items and then, modify the schedule to hide the room number. When done, go back to your plan view, and change the visibility settings to not show room tags. Voila!

I hope you find this useful sometime.
    Steve

All AUGI, all the time archjake's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Quick Room Finish Schedule by Room Type

Steve,

Why not set up a key schedule for room finish types. Then just apply that type to your finish schedule. This way you could show your room tags and still have the ability to set the finish once.

I think you missed the Users group where I showed this.
    Attached Files Attached Files

"Rock-n-Roll Architect" SCShell's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Quick Room Finish Schedule by Room Type

Hey Jake,

I like that; however, on some projects, I don't even want to mess with room names and get into "room bounding" issues. (yuk)

See ya Wednesday! And, please bring your presentation for that competition. I would love to see the larger images projected. If I remember, I will bring my 4400 Bank of Tucson project.

Steve