Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: API Wishlist

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default API Wishlist

API Wishlist

Please PM me with wishes or start new threads to keep this thread short. Thanks.

1.. Run journal scripts from within Revit using the API or expose full API.http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=28631Updated RAC2011

2.. Ability to visually turn on/off elements in views using the API (ADDED V9.

3.. Access to the printing API's to allow API batch printing including DWF.Added RAC2008Major improvements RAC2009

4.. Ability to load/unload models (printing etc).Added RAC2008

5.. Printing as a service so printing can run on a server with API control. Cross platform ideally.

6.. BUG FIX : correct updating of elementSet - http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=27403(FIXED)

7.. Access to families via API externally. ie no need to run Revit to update parameters etc. Major API added Revit 2010

8.. Exposing DWF markup functionality for API updating.

9.. Add digital watermarks to models and files using API.

10.. WebDAV (Buzzsaw) API access.

11.. I think this is a .NET issue but shorten initialisation when command first run. http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=28193 Improved in Revit 2010

12.. Revit as an object. http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=30027

13..OSX version with cross platform API

14.. Export to images via API. http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=30518Added RAC2011

15.. API access to the keynote database for in project editing. While the keynote tags are accessible via the API and not readonly, they don't respond to updating of descriptions.

16.. BUG FIX : correct loading of single type from a family. http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=35673Updated RAC2008 SP2Fixed RAC2008SP3 and RAC2009

17.. Access to linked file objects and elements.Added RAC2008

18.. API access when in the family editor. Added RAC2008 - limitedAdded significant API Revit 2010

19.. Full access to element geometry including drafting elements and annotations. Significant updates RAC2008

20.. Creation methods for all view types (Schedule, dependent views, Legend etc).

21.. Editing of Schedules via the API.

22.. Ability to add all view types to a sheet (Schedules , Legends etc)

23.. Synchronisation of new functionality with the API. For example you can create a view with the 2008API but not a dependent view which was added in 2008.

24.. Although the print command was added in RAC 2008, I’d like really like to add to that a wish for full access to printer selection, paper size, etc. as well as file name of exported files! so far i haven't found that to be available... (janunson via PM)Fixed RAc2009

25.. The ability to turn off the "all tracked changes will now be cleared" warning dialog when executing an external command, I'm told this only appears in Revit Structure. (anthonyf via PM)Fixed RAc2009

26.. I would like to see a notification message when a family is loaded into a project with the ability to cancel the operation. (tgmoore via PM) Improved events Revit 2010

27.. Events for:
    Load... Where we can handle the entire dialog operation and return the filename for the family.
    New from template... Where we can control the dialog operation and return the template to use.
    Open... Where we can control the dialog operation and return the file path to open.
    Save\SaveAs... Where we can control the path to where the file is saved.
    (tgmoore via PM) Improvement in events Revit 2010

28.. The ability to specify the keynote file location and change/reload it. Would actually be great if they added it to the main interface first, but API would be good. (sfaustvia PM) . Note this is possible now, just difficult.

29.. 1) Access to View Filters. create, edit, delete. Apply to view.
    2) Ability to apply view template (is possible now but want more?)Fixed RAC2011

30.. The ability to retreive ViewTemplates and assign them through DefaultViewTemplate view parameterAdded RAC2011

31.. I'd find it extremely useful to be able to add a column of text to the keynote legend. In our practice, we need to be able to produce bilingual drawings, and having a bilingual text file that we can refer to with keynotes would be great
    Last edited by GuyR; 2010-04-16 at 11:03 PM. Reason: latest requests and 2011 update

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: API Wishlist

Well I best get my wish in quick in-case they a limited to 3.

In absence of any form of API, we have for some time been using the journal to provide script control to repeating tasks.

We have found this works very well however, when the API was opened up we thought we would be able to run these scripts from an external command within Revit but this capability has not been enabled.

We already have an application written in VB which reads Microsoft project construction programs and links this to objects within a NavisWorks model and hides/displays these objects depending on their existence according to the program.

I know this would be something we could adapt to control views in Revit using MS project however, we need to be able to do this from within Revit via an external command.

Whilst it is technically feasible to do this through the journal file, it means exiting the program each time the script is to be run which adds to the time taken to complete our work.

I would like to be able to run all the journal scripts from within Revit using the API and I very much hope that this wish could be granted soon.

Login to Give a bone

Access to Schedules.
    • Create a new schedule
    • Edit an existing schedule
    • Add a schedule to a sheet - in the same manner we can currently add a view to a sheet. ( Be able to place input a location so the schedule can be placed correctly.
    This is an absolute must have feature of the API!

Login to Give a bone

- Getting XYZ-coordinate on drawing by mouse click (function which would return XYZ).
    - Inserting elements through API with mouse (like create new instance method on Revit UI).
    - Getting active working area (where user is editing, coordinates).
    - Getting center point of active working area.
    - Setting / Zooming to specific area (input would be coordinates).
    - Specify Zoom level when zooming somewhere, for example to selection.
    - Creating ducting / piping through API.
    - Creating new connectors through API, modifying these connectors, for ducts and pipes also.
    - Intelligent reconnecting the connectors through API.
    - API-function to create new symbol from family (Same functionality as New Type, when you right click family on Revit UI). This moment you can only duplicate another symbol to new one. If there's family loaded but no symbols then have to reload family to get at least one family symbol.

Lots of stuff, but quite essential and important if you want to get something done.
    These would be nice.

Cheers,
    Topi
    Last edited by topi.hyrkas; 2008-08-27 at 12:04 PM.

Login to Give a bone

I would be pleased to have these options included in the next revit API version.

1. Create Room Seperation lines using NewRoomBoundaryLines() method only provides <Space Separation> lines.
    2. Programatically create s simple placeholder family.
    3. Change Category of an element.

Thanks,
    -Saro

Login to Give a bone

1) Access to View Filters. create, edit, delete. Apply to view.
    2) Ability to apply view template

Login to Give a bone

1. The ability to rename shared parameters.
    2. Place an object via mouse click (mentioned previously)

Login to Give a bone

Need a way to get Field of View or Zoom of 3D camera in viewport. Probably also need the region of the viewport that was zoomed, since zooming is allowed per x,y screen location.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Its Very good to have Export to DWF functionality with we can export Room in "Floor Plan" which can be visible as like room elements.

Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: API Wishlist

Hi. I have lots of wishes for the API.

1. Place instance of a family by vertical face.
    2. disjoin families to rotate a face based family 180 degrees in section view.
    3. select an entity by 3D point.
    4. select an entity inside a revit link
    5. select an entity inside a revit link by 3d point. if some entities intersect, loop through each one of them.
    6. support for worksets

I dont know if these are possible already for the current version of Revit, but it is nice to have these functions.

Thanks!
    Last edited by a7v1n; 2011-03-17 at 05:21 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast