Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Legend Component Display??

Login to Give a bone

Question Legend Component Display??

I created my door type legend with the legend tool and it worked fine. The doors looked like they were suppose to and it went fine. But I have been trying to decide how I want to do my storefront and store-front door elevations..(if someone has a rock solid way, please share), and I noticed that my curtain panel doors were availiable in the list of legend components. But here is what it looks like??(attachment) So I don't know what's going on. Has anyone else ran into this problem?

By the way, those two square shapes are the door handlles...so the system is blowing them up and sticking them at the top of the door panel. At least that what it looks like.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Legend Component Display??

Try and find out if the door handles have been locked to the center in the door family. If this is not the issue then I don't know a solution to the problem.

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: Legend Component Display??

I went into the family and found that there were no constraints to the handles, so I created a reference line and locked the handle sweeps to it, gave it a perameter for center line of handles and now that is controllable, but the legend component is still behaving the same.....I don't know?

Login to Give a bone

Just lock the components to the reference plane and dimension the reference plane making it an equal. If that doesn't work then I don't other than posting the family here for us to look at.

I could stop if I wanted to eldad's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I don't work with door/window legends find them restrictive...

I normally do a door, window schedule using graphic representation i.e section line in front of my window, scale 1:50 and hide if coarser than 1:200...

my 2 cents...

I could stop if I wanted to Shaun v Rooyen's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by eldad
    I don't work with door/window legends find them restrictive...

I normally do a door, window schedule using graphic representation i.e section line in front of my window, scale 1:50 and hide if coarser than 1:200...

my 2 cents...
    I am No.1 fan of Legend components. We use them very successfully.
    Eldad, creating views is impossible for us. Projects Far to big as it is. On the one project alone we would have to create in excess of 220 views just to cover windows and doors, never mind all the other legend components we use. The only restriction to them is there is no flip control.
    With every release since there invention, there have been improvements made, and I am sure there is more to come.

Ford there is something wrong with your family. I don't think it has anything to do with the legend? Possibly post it.

Login to Give a bone

Here is the family for you all to look at. Again, it seems like it works fine in the project, but just comes out wierd in the legend. I ended up making a detail veiw for the graphical representation of it for scheduling purposes, which I don't mind on a small scale, but I'm sure this could get quite combursome after a large number of views.

As a side, does anyone have any basic store-front detailing components? I don't know much about the assemblies of these systems, but I would like to represent basic conditions on my drawings. I was going to go to my local suppliers for some good 'how to' information, but like I said, I would just like to get my point across for now. Anyway, thanks for the input, and let me know how I could improve on this family as I don't have a lot of experience with curtain walls. Thanks!

Login to Give a bone

Quick question did you create this family or did you download it from somewhere else. The reason I ask is because it would seem that the creator played around with the template file and it is effecting the file image. I'll try and recreate the family and post it here when completed.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Had a very quick look

I took your top ref.plane and assigned it to 'top' with its properties.
    Loaded it into a project - created the legend view and seems to work
    only thing is you cant seem to set a height for the door in a legend so I dont know where revit gets the height from ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Clinton.85543
    Quick question did you create this family or did you download it from somewhere else. The reason I ask is because it would seem that the creator played around with the template file and it is effecting the file image. I'll try and recreate the family and post it here when completed.
    I think I downloaded this one from Revit City and made my modifications to it from there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast