Thread: ADT 3.3 Structural angle for chord data not found

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy ADT 3.3 Structural angle for chord data not found

Hello everyone, I have been working with ADT 3.3 for over 2 years now...(our office of 30 employees). No one has had any luck finding a solution for this. Using the MATERIAL COMPOSER, I am attempting to load a Long Span Joist. This error displays in the command line: "Structural angle for chord data not found".
    Now, we have installed, reinstalled, repaired everything you can think of. Every other material in the Material Composer comes in no problem!!!
    Any comments and suggestions, I would be so great-full and you will be my master for ever if you can provide a solution for me!!!!!!!

Thank you so much.

Rich

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ADT 3.3 Structural angle for chord data not found

Hi Rich

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the ASK the BOD forum to this one as I feel this particular Forum is a more appropriate place for such a topic.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator

Login to Give a bone

I remember this happening, but it has been so long since we have used 3.3, I just can't think of how we fixed it. It may have been a pathing issue, or in the lisp routine for the longspan joists. I wish I could remember! It basically just can't find the information for the angle. Maybe try bringing in the same size angle first, then try bringing in the joist.
    I would also try looking into the routines for the program, and see if you can find anything in there.

Login to Give a bone

You may or may not find the following threads in the Autodesk Architectural Desktop Release 3 Discussion Group helpful:

http://discussion.autodesk.com/threa...ssageID=612520
    http://discussion.autodesk.com/threa...ssageID=610161

Login to Give a bone

Wow, that's bizzare, I have a few posts in that second link! (the first one is not me even though it says Chris H - that's just pretty bizzare too!)

I remember those discussions too. I think it is starting to come back to me. When it gives you that error, is it also prompting you for an angle size? If I remember correctly, it prompts you for that angle sizes for the chords, and then the angle sizes for the webs. If you go through and select the angles you want to use, does it work? You may have to hit F2 to see what it is prompting you to do.
    Last edited by cholmes; 2005-11-11 at 03:01 PM.