Thread: About trucks turning radius ..

Login to Give a bone

Question About trucks turning radius ..

Hello to everyone...

During the day, i was confronted with the question " Do u really think that will work ??"
    .......and I'm not able to say yes !!

I was doing one of those areas for one truck turn around, get right back wards in front huge door...get loaded with stuff and get along.

I wonder if you people can lead me into information about the correct way to make those maneuver's areas, and for different type of trucks (European also). something with i can base my design and say Yes !!

thx

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: About trucks turning radius ..

Quote Originally Posted by fred_bock
    Hello to everyone...

During the day, i was confronted with the question " Do u really think that will work ??"
    .......and I'm not able to say yes !!

I was doing one of those areas for one truck turn around, get right back wards in front huge door...get loaded with stuff and get along.

I wonder if you people can lead me into information about the correct way to make those maneuver's areas, and for different type of trucks (European also). something with i can base my design and say Yes !!

thx
    You might want to try out PathPlanner. We use it on our site designs. Its a bit tough to create the truck paths in reverse but it works pretty well forwards.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Well for software you can look at autoturn.
    Other wise Graphic Standards has some nice info. One thing I can tell you is that the driver makes alot of the difference.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I have no knowledge at all of this sort of thing, but thought the attached document may be usefull.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Excellent !! thx for those tips !!

about this "Design for the vehicle" i never hear about, I'll read it carefully, i saw once a quite nice CD of "Graphic Standards" ,(i exported the curve they had) and since then, i use it, but the point is that i don't have the base knowledge to say it works !!
    Here were i work, (France) i use a book that is a bit like this "Graphic Standards" stuff is called "Ernst Neufert – Les éléments des projets de construction" very very good stuff !!
    that i know, it exist in English, German, French, Portuguese (and more i guess ...)

autoturn i use it once the demo, but the car they give in the demo didn't convinced me !!

I'll try the demo of this "PathPlanner" seams nice.
    Otherwise i just found in the forum of www.eng-tips.com some nice information about the subject, but still nothing like i law or something, that says the criteria to build one area...

but thx for the help, keep them coming !! the more the best !

Login to Give a bone

I was on a similar search for Truck turning radiuses. The best I found so far was a Highway Design Manual from California. The last several pages have STAA Templates for truck turn radiuses. I was able to import these into the software I was using (Revit 9.1) as an image and then sketch on top of them.

The STAA Templates only cover 60', 50' Semi trucks and 40' busses. I used the 40' buss to approximate a 35' garbage truck.

The attached file is only an excerpt from the original document (which was too large to upload).
    Attached Files Attached Files

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

What about "radii"?