See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: railings & stairs

Login to Give a bone

Default railings & stairs

hi guys! im new to revit so please be patient with me.

I have some qns. Im doing this as a school project. Currently doing my diploma. My attached staircase is below

1) how do I attach railings on stringers? I tried to host my railing on the stairs..but each time i finished..it remain horizontal on the floor levels. This only happens when i have stringers.

2) I tried many times to attach a continuous railing around my center spine wall but i couldnt. And i cant find a nice continuos railing in the family explorer here. How do i create a clean continous railing along the spine wall (tt means...the railing has no posts but is however attached to the wall)?

3) I have been trying to learn to create my own family...& it looks like im failing everytime. I need some nice railings for the outer edge of the stairs & also a continous railing on the inner side (attached to the wall)? does anyone have some to share?

4) Im trying to do some detailing and i was wondering if there is ANY way that I can turn my model elevation or sections i generated, into the Drafting view (editable in 2D)? I tried one method...it was to export to Autocad, & then import tt Autocad file back into Revit's drafting view...but it turned out way too messy. The reason why I ask this, is because I'd like to edit my modelled Staircase 3d view showing some 3d details (hence i need to convert it to drafting view) etc. The other qn is... is it also possible to create a callout from a drafting view?..its possible in modelled sections, elevations n plans..but is it possible in drafting view?

THNX IN ADVANCE!!

I'll attach what my escape stair looks like so u guys will have an idea.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: railings & stairs

Make sure the railing's host is the stair (edit the railing and select 'Set Host').

And also make sure that the sketch line for the railing is inside of the stair definition.

HTH

Login to Give a bone

Refer to my post on revit city.

HTH.
    Last edited by Steve_Stafford; 2005-12-12 at 11:18 PM.
    Chris Price
    Co-Founder/BIM Manager/Product Designer
    Xrev Pty Ltd

Revit Rants BLOG

Login to Give a bone

I thought you may want to know I’m presenting on Revit Stairs and Railings during this week’s “Rockstar Hour”

Learning Objective
    Learn how Revit creates Stairs, both the basic and the advanced concepts. See how Revit Creates Railings and uses Rail Baluster Families. Not for the faint of heart, this one is going to be intense.

The “Rockstar Hour” is a free hour of Revit training. Every week I come up with an hour long presentation on some issue or concept I’ve helped one of my clients with. I’ll show my screen and present the good, bad and ugly side of the problem. Including the concepts behind the tools, the process using the tools and key terminology.

The Web-base training is archived for you to at your convenience until the following weeks webinar is posted.

Join the meeting here.
    https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/353233504
    Rockstar Hour:
    9:30 AM – 10:30 AM PST every Wednesday
    Hope to see you there,

Will Harris
    www.will2play.com