See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Problems with Workspaces - Toolbars do not open in correct location

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Problems with Workspaces - Toolbars do not open in correct location

I am currently in the final stages of setting up AutoCAD 2006 for my office. For the past couple of months I have been using it on some of my projects as test cases to see what new features I want to incorporate into out standard practices.

I created a default workspace that I made part of the enterprise CUI file. I have it set up so that this workspaces is current when AutoCAD opens. Only it doesn't quite work. When AutoCAD opens, my default workspace doesn't quite display correctly. Many of the custom tool bars and menu's associated with the workspace are on the screen, and some are not. But the ones that are there are not in the correct place. They are randomly placed around the perimeter of my screen. If I go to the workspace tool bar and reset the very same default work space, all the toolbars and menus appear in the correct place. Any thoughts?

I have even gone so far as to re-create my cui and default workspace. The results are the same.

Tim Mailloux

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Problems with Workspaces - Toolbars do not open in correct location

Hi Tim

Please note that I have moved this thread from the CAD Management forum to this one. I believe it would be better served here.

Thanks!

Login to Give a bone

Don't know if this will be of any help, but check out this thread.

Moving toolbars in ACAD Map 2006

Login to Give a bone

Tim,

The load order is an important factor to consider. Enterprise, and its partials, load first. Tthose toolbars will be available before toolbars in the main and its partials. So if you are trying to place toolbars found in enterprise inside of toolbars that "don't exist yet", you will run into problems. The enterprise toolbars will need to be located on the outside of toolbars that are found in the main cui file.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by RobertB
    Tim,

The load order is an important factor to consider. Enterprise, and its partials, load first. Tthose toolbars will be available before toolbars in the main and its partials. So if you are trying to place toolbars found in enterprise inside of toolbars that "don't exist yet", you will run into problems. The enterprise toolbars will need to be located on the outside of toolbars that are found in the main cui file.
    Robert explains the problem very well. I have found that changing to a different workspace and back again after opening AutoCAD will resolve the placement of the toolbars as long as the changes to the workspace have been saved.

To do this I have used scrpits at startup or AutoLISP.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by lee_ambrosius
    . . .changing to a different workspace and back again after opening AutoCAD will resolve the placement. . .
    Yes this is my experience too, this is bad, and I have also solved it with a startup fix, but in lisp.

: ) Happy Computing !

kennet

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by kennet.sjoberg
    Yes this is my experience too, this is bad, and I have also solved it with a startup fix, but in lisp.

kennet
    This has been a problem for a long time and is related to partial/enterprise CUI files. This is nothing new to AutoCAD 2006. AutoCAD 2006 has a solution around the problem, unlike older releases.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by lee_ambrosius
    . . . is related to partial/enterprise CUI files. This is nothing new to AutoCAD 2006. . . .
    I am jumping from AutoCAD 2002 to AutoCAD 2006, is there CUI files before AutoCAD 2006 ?

kennet

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by kennet.sjoberg
    I am jumping from AutoCAD 2002 to AutoCAD 2006, is there CUI files before AutoCAD 2006 ?

kennet
    No.

╓╓╓╓╓╓╥╤╨╧
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |