See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Dynamic radius bend

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Question Dynamic radius bend

Guys,
    I have tried a couple of parameters and actions and haven't worked out a way of doing so yet though someone else may have the answer ?
    If i wished to make a dynamic radius bend that changed the radius angle as the dynamic function, is this possible ?
    Eg: I have a block of a 600 wide peice of A/C duct that is 90deg angle.
    Could i make it dynamic so i could change it to a 60deg angle ?

I have tried using polar and stretch but no go, any suggestions ?

Regards

Stephen

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Dynamic radius bend

have you tried visibility states? a question i would have is, are these static angle options, or do they need to be infinitely variable? (I haven't played with that type of ability, so I also don't know the answer to your Q...., yet.)
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Wink Re: Dynamic radius bend

Cnibbe,
    I haven't got as far as using the visibility states yet though i should get to learning it's functions soon.
    Not sure what you mean by static angles ?

See my block attached.

I draft in the HVAC or Air Conditioning feild so i am trying to make some blokes that can be manipulated to the ut most, thus creating a bloke to cover all options in its type. By this i mean, the block attached covers a 90deg radius bend. It can be rotated any angle flipped any direction and scaled to suite sizes ranging from 600-5000mm in width. If i could work out how to vary the angle it would then be ultimately the ultimate radius bend as it would also cover any radius angle. I just hven't worked out how i can get the angle to vary or if it possible ? Figured i would make a post and see if someone else further advanced in the area had found a way to do so, it may have been right in front of me though i hadn't realised ?

Regards

Stephen
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by stephen.coff; 2005-12-19 at 08:31 PM.

Login to Give a bone

i know what you are trying to do. i don't know if you can change the angle dynamically, but i made a similar block that uses visibility states to change from 90 to 45 degrees. It also allows me to change from a round duct elbow to a mitered elbow.
    Attached Files Attached Files

In the hospital cuz of my fever for more cowbell
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by stephen.coff
    Cnibbe,
    I haven't got as far as using the visibility states yet though i should get to learning it's functions soon.
    Not sure what you mean by static angles ?

See my block attached.

I draft in the HVAC or Air Conditioning feild so i am trying to make some blokes that can be manipulated to the ut most, thus creating a bloke to cover all options in its type. By this i mean, the block attached covers a 90deg radius bend. It can be rotated any angle flipped any direction and scaled to suite sizes ranging from 600-5000mm in width. If i could work out how to vary the angle it would then be ultimately the ultimate radius bend as it would also cover any radius angle. I just hven't worked out how i can get the angle to vary or if it possible ? Figured i would make a post and see if someone else further advanced in the area had found a way to do so, it may have been right in front of me though i hadn't realised ?

Regards

Stephen
    Stephen.

I don't think what you are looking for is possible yet. At least, not with this year's CAD. The only way I know of (and someone may know different) is to use Visibility states. Having smart angles is just not possible from what I've tried with DB's.

The best available option is Polar Stretch, but all it does is rotate (and stretch) a line from a base angle. To stretch a line from a base location around a radius is too advanced for DB's and pretty well borders on LISP routines. Maybe the LISP people would be able to help?

I could be wrong. But I don't think it's quite possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Return of the Cowbell