Thread: Randomly Changing Dates

Login to Give a bone

Default Randomly Changing Dates

I have a date stamp and plotted date in the title block on all drawings. These are set up as fields to automatically update upon plotting. Here recently AutoCAD has been randomly changing those since the last time the file was plotted and saved. Has anyone seen this before, know why it is happening, and possibly even know how to fix this?

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Randomly Changing Dates

Are you saying that the dates are being updated without plotting or plot previewing? How is your date stamp setup? - do you use fields?

Login to Give a bone

Yes - Fields are being utilized. Somehow AutoCAD is randomly updating them to dates that range from a month ago to 6 months ago without a plot or plot preview. If you plot the files, the fields are updated correctly, and keep that date once saved. However, when you access the file(s) again, AutoCAD somehow seems to randomly change these. I do utilize a sheet set and AutoCAD Map to plot these files because this project has over 120 sheets, but this problem has never happened before between Land Desktop and map.

Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: Randomly Changing Dates

Quote Originally Posted by alanr
    I have a date stamp and plotted date in the title block on all drawings. These are set up as fields to automatically update upon plotting. Here recently AutoCAD has been randomly changing those since the last time the file was plotted and saved. Has anyone seen this before, know why it is happening, and possibly even know how to fix this?

Thanks
    alanr, I'm going to move this from the ACAD General forum to this one as I believe it will be better served here, Thanks.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

UPDATE -

We have been experimenting with this some more and here is what we have recently discovered.

We published a couple of files through a sheet set via Map. Then, immediately opened these files with LDD2005. The date appears to be reverting back to the date and time that it was previously potted from LDD2005. We have determined that it has to be some setting with sheet sets. Because if you open a file and manually plot it from within Map, save it and then immediately open it in LDD2005 the date and time appears correctly. Does anybody have any input on this?