Thread: Window sill in plan?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Window sill in plan?

I was customizing a window style in ADT 3.3 (will be upgrading to 2006 before March) and wanted to see the window sill in plan. Right now we are starting to use the ADT features for plans and then will be expanding once we are comfortable with the output.

After experimenting with the customization I found I could edit the display properties and attach blocks to the window. I wanted the sill to extend 2" beyond the face of wall and 4" to either side of the opening. The only way I could achieve this was with 3 blocks instead of one. The problem I ran into was when I had different size windows the block scaling wasn't working. So, my resolution was to first create a block for the center of the sill. It is attached to the center of the windows x axis and scaled to the width of the window. The other Two blocks are the extensions, each attached to the left or right side of the frame.

Eventually I will be purchasing reference books so I can find some answers before posting, but for now I leave it up to the "collective".

My questions are:
    - Is there an easier solution than the one I created?
    - How hard is it to create a multi-view block of a sill? and can it be scaled and attached to a window?
    - Are sills included in ADT 2006's windows?

Thanks

StephenJ

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Window sill in plan?

If I', understanding you correctly you want to have extensions to the sill of a window to appear in plan form?

If so this has been built into ADT since ADT2 at least. You need to edit the display properties of the window in sill plan.

Eg, (this is for 2006) select the window and right click and select edit window style.
    Choose the display properties tab across the top and double click on sill plan.
    Select other tab across the top and you can then choose your extensions accordingly.

Hope I understood you correctly and hope this helps.

Steve.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Window sill in plan?

Thanks, it worked. I followed your instructions and was wondering why the sill wasnt appearing then I rememberd I had to turn on that option in the display manager.