Thread: Visibility Parameter Enhancement

ACAD Wish List Administration

Default Visibility Parameter Enhancement

Summary: The ability to add more than one visibility parameter to a dynamic block.

Description: Dynamic Block Visibility Parameter Enhancements

How Used: Specifically the Visibility parameter...Having Multiple Visibility parameters would enable us to make changes to different parts of the block...This would help out in the creation...If you have 4 different things that can be in 2 different places in the block, the single visibility Param gets quite long...My example would have 16 different selections when only one per side is needed.

Feature Affinity: Blocks

Submitted By: Ray Mendoza on December 29, 2005

I could stop if I wanted to Ogre's Avatar
    In the end, Cauliflower is just albino Broccoli

Default Re: Visibility Parameter Enhancement

The example I was thinking of is this...If you have a 2-gang wall box...There can only be 2 lighting controls inside that wall box...Well, if you have 4 different products that can go together, then you have 16 different combinations...If you had multiple visibility parameters, all you would need is one parameter for each control rather than one parameter that lists the 16 different combinations...

Thanks for the additional clarification; it always helps

Professional Member

Great ad. If the visibility parameter(s) could be chose on insert like scale and rotation, that would be even slicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
    The example I was thinking of is this...If you have a 2-gang wall box...There can only be 2 lighting controls inside that wall box...Well, if you have 4 different products that can go together, then you have 16 different combinations...If you had multiple visibility parameters, all you would need is one parameter for each control rather than one parameter that lists the 16 different combinations...
    Have you tried simply adding your four, different dynamic blocks to a Group?

Obviously, this changes nothing about native support for multiple parameters within a single BlockTableRecord, but just might suffice in the interim.

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

AUGI Addict

There would need to be some method to handle visibility conflicts. Would each entity be limited to participation in only one visibility set? If not ie. each entity could belong to multiple visibility sets, how would it handle an entity which one visibility set indicates as hidden and another as visible?

Quote Originally Posted by dgorsman View Post
    There would need to be some method to handle visibility conflicts. Would each entity be limited to participation in only one visibility set? If not ie. each entity could belong to multiple visibility sets, how would it handle an entity which one visibility set indicates as hidden and another as visible?
    1+... Methinks this be the reason for the single Visibility parameter limitation we currently benefit from.
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000