Thread: No more Inquiry command?

Login to Give a bone

Default No more Inquiry command?

OK, am I missing something? I can't seem to find the inquiry commands for finding the Station & Offset along an alignment. I can hoover the cursor to get an approximate location, but can't snap to a specific point to get an exact position. Any ideas? I know I can just label the point and then erase it once I get the information, but I rather liked the Inquiry commands.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: No more Inquiry command?

I don't have Civil in front of me so I'm not 100% sure on this. I'm thinking what you want is 'SO. This should ask you to select the alignment then you can type in a station and offset. This runs transparent with any command that asks for a point.

Login to Give a bone

Under the "alignments" pull down, "add labels" it will ask you to select the current alignment and then it will let you pick a point to label. I hope this helps.

Login to Give a bone

Ok... what we are encountering is this: We are trying to get the proposed elevations along a finished profile at a certain station (road intersection or other significant point) and it will not allow us to snap to a point to get the elevation... we can hoover and get a guess, but nothing concrete. Are we just missing the command somewhere or is there an alternative method to getting the information we're after?

Login to Give a bone

You are not missing any commands and there is currently no workaround as yet that I have heard of. This is perhaps THE major stumbling block for Civil 3D gaining full acceptance from the powers that be in our office.