See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to get custom shortcuts to override or work with the standard AutoCAD menus

Login to Give a bone

Question How to get custom shortcuts to override or work with the standard AutoCAD menus

I created a shortcut menu for leaders in my custom.cui file and cannot get it to work when a leader is selected. Does anyone know how to get custom shortcuts to overide or work with the standard AutoCAD menus?

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How to get custom shortcuts to override or work with the standard AutoCAD menus

The first loaded instance of a shortcut menu is the one that will win. So overwriting might be an issue. I've had good success when keeping all shortcut menus in the same cui file.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How to get custom shortcuts to override or work with the standard AutoCAD menus

Should I copy the Shortcut menus from the ACAD.cui so I do not lose my customization on a new release? It would be nice to be able to have both work together.

Does this include the custom menu I made for "Leaders". It is not part of the ACAD.cui so my custom cui should work. Or does it ignore my shortcut menus?

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by kcover
    Should I copy the Shortcut menus from the ACAD.cui so I do not lose my customization on a new release? It would be nice to be able to have both work together.

Does this include the custom menu I made for "Leaders". It is not part of the ACAD.cui so my custom cui should work. Or does it ignore my shortcut menus?
    The programmers at Autodesk thought that shortcut menus in any cui file would load. However, the way AutoCAD handles the menus in the registry caused a bug where only the shortcut menus from one cui file would load, and the rest would be ignored. So I advise copying all the shortcut menus to one cui file (mine are in my MW.cui enterprise file) and use the Menu command to force AutoCAD to see the menus located there. Once that is done, you can restore the cui file structure to what you desire.

Login to Give a bone

I have found a solution that isn't entirely palatable, but seems to work.

I have moved all of my shortcut menus to my custom.cui template. They have been deleted from my enterprise CUI. Each user's custom.cui is initially created from my template and has all the shortcut menus in it, so each user can create their own custom shortcut menus, or modify existing shortcut menus as desired.

It is a somewhat annoying solution, in that there are no shortcut menus at all when I load up my administrative profile for editing the Enterprise CUI. But I guess it just encourages me to stay in my private CUI, and out of the Enterprise CUI, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

The bad part will come if I ever decide I want to do a company-wide change to the shortcut menus... I haven't wanted to do that yet, so this solution may end up working.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by RobertB View Post
    The programmers at Autodesk thought that shortcut menus in any cui file would load. However, the way AutoCAD handles the menus in the registry caused a bug where only the shortcut menus from one cui file would load, and the rest would be ignored. So I advise copying all the shortcut menus to one cui file (mine are in my MW.cui enterprise file) and use the Menu command to force AutoCAD to see the menus located there. Once that is done, you can restore the cui file structure to what you desire.
    Does anyone know if this is still the same issue with 2007 or Is there a way to tell autocad to use the main (user) menu shortcuts over the enterprise menu shortcuts if they exist. We have pushed out 2007 already and I have a couple of people that are complaining they want to modify their short cuts and it won't work since it is loading the enterprise ones. I don't want to take the short cuts out of the enterprise and put them in everyones user menu due to taking a long time to do around 250 people and if I don't they won't have short cuts.

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by thomas-p View Post
    Does anyone know if this is still the same issue with 2007 or Is there a way to tell autocad to use the main (user) menu shortcuts over the enterprise menu shortcuts if they exist. We have pushed out 2007 already and I have a couple of people that are complaining they want to modify their short cuts and it won't work since it is loading the enterprise ones. I don't want to take the short cuts out of the enterprise and put them in everyones user menu due to taking a long time to do around 250 people and if I don't they won't have short cuts.
    The same issue exists even in AutoCAD 2008.

However, your users can activate specific shortcut menus using code similar to below. In the sample, we are overriding the OSnaps menu, using the CUI named User, that has a shortcut menu with the alias MyOSnaps. The code may be placed in their CUI's .mnl file.

(menucmd "P0=USER.MYOSNAPS")
    R. Robert Bell
    Design Technology Manager
    Stantec
    Opinions expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of Stantec.

Login to Give a bone

The same issue exists even in AutoCAD 2008.

However, your users can activate specific shortcut menus using code similar to below. In the sample, we are overriding the OSnaps menu, using the CUI named User, that has a shortcut menu with the alias MyOSnaps. The code may be placed in their CUI's .mnl file.

(menucmd "P0=USER.MYOSNAPS")
    Robert,
    I'm stuck....in 2008 I have a pulldown that has a lost of menucmds that are similar to what you have shown, but when selected, the only thing that 'pops down' is the osnap menu, which is probably the last pop 0 defined. This menu is a partial to the enterprise and the pulldowns are in the pulldowns, not the shortcut menus area. I can't seem to drag them there. I've made sure that the menugroup name is the same..exactly...

Any ideas?
    Tim
    (the same Tim as in the emails we've been conversing back and forth)

This is one of them from the cui.
    <Command>^p(setq client "LMT" xr 1);(foreach n '("Ah" "Av" "B" "C" "D" "E" "A4h" "A4" "A3") (menucmd (strcat "gCBI.ID_i" n "=~")));(foreach n '("D1" "A0" "A1" "A2") (menucmd (strcat "gCBI.ID_i" n "=")));$p0=CBI.popSIZEi;$p0=*;</Command>

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by timothy.h.sparks View Post
    Robert,
    I'm stuck....in 2008 I have a pulldown that has a lost of menucmds that are similar to what you have shown, but when selected, the only thing that 'pops down' is the osnap menu, which is probably the last pop 0 defined. This menu is a partial to the enterprise and the pulldowns are in the pulldowns, not the shortcut menus area. I can't seem to drag them there. I've made sure that the menugroup name is the same..exactly...

Any ideas?
    Hi Tim. Yeah, create a new shortcut menu and drag-and-drop the items from the normal menu.
    R. Robert Bell
    Design Technology Manager
    Stantec
    Opinions expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of Stantec.

Login to Give a bone

Hi Tim. Yeah, create a new shortcut menu and drag-and-drop the items from the normal menu.
    Robert, These are not pop500 menus, they are pop0 menus. Why won't it work as a pop0?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast