Thread: Looking for info on the most ergonomically correct size for a CAD computer monitor

Login to Give a bone

Default Looking for info on the most ergonomically correct size for a CAD computer monitor

We are currently trying to research what the ergonomically correct size for a CAD computer monitor is. Any ideas of how we can find this information?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Looking for info on the most ergonomically correct size for a CAD computer monitor

Hi

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD Tips & Tricks forum to this one as I feel this particular Forum is a more appropriate place for such a topic.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Looking for info on the most ergonomically correct size for a CAD computer monitor

I believe the popular idea is a 19" minimum. With larger being better. Having two 19" monitors would be ideal. Here is a PDF from Microsoft Research that might help. I haven't read it all so I don't know whats all in it.

Productivity Benefits of Very Large Displays

Hope that helps.

Certifiable AUGI Addict robert.1.hall72202's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Larger displays can often generate more screen space at higher resolutions.
    More icons, more icons, more icons! I have a 21" lcd that I have been using
    for about a month now. I took my profile and added 4 decent sized toolbars.

Where do I live? Now that's a good question...
    Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: Looking for info on the most ergonomically correct size for a CAD computer monitor

If you're looking for an "ergonomically correct" monitor, you should contact a company such as The Ergonomics Center of North Carolina. (theergonomicscenter.com) They can help make recommendations since there is no "standard", and what works for you may not work for your co-worker. I've consulted them and was very pleased with the help I received. By the way, I use dual 21" flat panels for working in Inventor and I absolutely love it. Hope this helps.

Certifiable AUGI Addict robert.1.hall72202's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by heath.white
    If you're looking for an "ergonomically correct" monitor, you should contact a company such as The Ergonomics Center of North Carolina. (theergonomicscenter.com) They can help make recommendations since there is no "standard", and what works for you may not work for your co-worker. I've consulted them and was very pleased with the help I received. By the way, I use dual 21" flat panels for working in Inventor and I absolutely love it. Hope this helps.
    Can you talk my IT department into getting me a set of those? I have been trying to do
    that for the last 2 years.

alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab
    alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab
    alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tabalt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab

and then some!

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Robert.Hall
    Can you talk my IT department into getting me a set of those? I have been trying to do

alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tabalt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab alt tab

and then some!
    I think you missed one there, Robert.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

All AUGI, all the time thomas.stright's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I just requested Dual 21" 2048x1536 for our new stations......Fingers crossed!

Where do I live? Now that's a good question...
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Robert.Hall

and then some!
    I'm a designer, not a magician... Seriously (if I may), if you really want to play the ergonomics card, you should point out that by doing things such as providing you with the appropriate tools (i.e. better monitors) they will be preventing work related injuries, which will in turn cut down on lost time and possible workman's comp claims... or something to that effect. Good luck.