Thread: How to win Executive Management Support for Facility Automation - AU 2005

Login to Give a bone

Default How to win Executive Management Support for Facility Automation - AU 2005

At the above named lecture a statement was made about the relationship between employee performance and morale and cutbacks in Facilities Management budget. Does any one know of any studies on this that could be accessed or the name of the instructor of the above named session? I work for the Facilities Management Department keeping up their drawings, etc. and they are looking at some major budget cuts. I would like to be able to give the Department head some ammunition to go into their budget talks with. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to be one of the cuts!!

Thanks,
    Mark McCausland
    mark.mccausland@navy.mil

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How to win Executive Management Support for Facility Automation - AU 2005

Hi Mark

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the ASK the BOD forum to this one...

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator

Digital Delivery Director Brian Myers's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How to win Executive Management Support for Facility Automation - AU 2005

Sure,

The presenter was Chris Keller
    His email: cdk@ids-ddpc.com

According to a page in Autodesk you might not be able to access:

Chris Keller, Primary Speaker
    Chris is a recovering and reformed architect. He has worked with CAD systems since 1983 and has been implementing FM Automation for more than 15 years. In 1988 while setting up a CAD System, Chris perceived the need for implementation services to help integrate CAD with business and business with CAD. In 1993 Chris formed Integrated Data Solutions, a consulting firm specializing in the synthesis of FM, technology, and Business Process.

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: How to win Executive Management Support for Facility Automation - AU 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert
    The presenter was Chris Keller
    His email: <Email Address Removed>
    Hi Brian

Do you really think it's a good idea to post someone else's email address in a public forum without first obtaining their permission ( apologies if you have already done soon ).

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Perry
    Hi Brian

Do you really think it's a good idea to post someone else's email address in a public forum without first obtaining their permission ( apologies if you have already done soon ).

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator.
    Actually, Autodesk themselves posted it in a public forum (I don't have any ultra-high security privelages at Autodesk, I just have 3 register copies of their software )and anyone that attended his lecture at AU could get to the info. If it was secret I would have simply emailed it... but I understand your concern!

(Plus it's his business email address and not his personal one... he actually answers questions like the one asked above for his consulting company via that email addy...)
    Last edited by Brian Myers; 2006-02-02 at 01:16 AM.

Login to Give a bone

Actually, Autodesk themselves posted it in a public forum (I don't have any ultra-high security privelages at Autodesk, I just have 3 register copies of their software )and anyone that attended his lecture at AU could get to the info. If it was secret I would have simply emailed it... but I understand your concern!
    Hi Brian

I am not going to argue with you here; below are some points to consider - you can then decide yourself if you are happy posting someone else's personally information on AUGI.com without their direct permission...

* If Autodesk posts it in a public forum, does it suddenly make it right to post it somewhere else.
    * Maybe Autodesk have Chris Keller's permission to post it where they did.
    * My only concern is what occurs within AUGI.com ( not outside ).
    * Chris Keller would have made the decision himself to make it available to people attending his lecture at AU 2005.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator

Login to Give a bone

It's up to you, but I'm happy with it. As long as the 7 FM people in AUGI don't swamp him with questions I think we'll be fine. j/k

Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: How to win Executive Management Support for Facility Automation - AU 2005

It's up to you, but I'm happy with it. As long as the 7 FM people in AUGI don't swamp him with questions I think we'll be fine. j/k
    I think you're overestimating there.

Mark, this was a really great topic, and I'm glad it was chosen for a class this year. You might have some luck finding a little bit of ammo on the FM discussion group on autodesk's site. Specifically the bit from a past au presentation talking about building cost vs maint costs.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

It's up to you, but I'm happy with it.
    Hi Brian

Below is a copy of an email I received back from Chris Keller...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Keller

Thank you Mike, for your concern and effort.
    I have no problem with the posting and I really appreciate your responses.
    Feel free to leave the posting. I have no problem speaking to all who have an interest in my presentation.
    Regards,
    Chris
    Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator

Login to Give a bone

Hi, I am going to move this thread from the CAD Management General forum to this one, as I believe it will be better suited here. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by mark.mccausland
    At the above named lecture a statement was made about the relationship between employee performance and morale and cutbacks in Facilities Management budget. Does any one know of any studies on this that could be accessed or the name of the instructor of the above named session? I work for the Facilities Management Department keeping up their drawings, etc. and they are looking at some major budget cuts. I would like to be able to give the Department head some ammunition to go into their budget talks with. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to be one of the cuts!!

Thanks,
    Mark McCausland
    mark.mccausland@navy.mil
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost