Thread: Smart objects get messed up when reloading xref in ADT 2010

Login to Give a bone

Default Smart objects get messed up when reloading xref in ADT 2010

I use ADT 2010 and we use the door tags, schedules, etc. We set up a base file with all the tags in it, then reference that into a sheet file. When the xref of the base reloads, the door tags say "space not found". I thought the doors weren't pointing to the correct space, but in the base file everything looks fine. The only way I can get the tags to show correctly is to detach the xref and re-attach, but if I close the drawing and reopen it, or if I have to reload the xref, it goes back to showing "space not found".

It has also done this with room finish schedules. The schedule in the base file does not match what's in the sheet file until I detach and re-attach. But even then, as soon as I reload the xref it gets all jumbled up again.

It seems to be random. It doesn't happen every time, so I think it may be some kind of bug in 2010 ADT. This never happened to me in 2009 ADT. Any thoughts?

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Re: Smart objects get messed up when reloading xref in ADT 2010

:bump:

I'm having this exact issue as well and cannot find a solution for the life of me. I've double-checked all of my Property Set Defs, ensuring they are current in both the base file and xref. I can re-attach the Xref and it works fine up until I save, exit, and re-open the drawing.

I have never had this issue prior to 2010/2011, It seems to defy all logic. I'm THIS close to exploding all of my Door Tags/Schedules but obviously rather not.

Anyone have some insight please!?

TIA.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Smart objects get messed up when reloading xref in ADT 2010

After the file is open (and the tags are saying space not found), have you tried running the OBJRELUPDATE command. Depending upon the order in which things get loaded, it may be that the tags are getting evaluated before the Spaces are in "place". The OBJRELUPDATE command will force a full regeneration, including the relationships between AEC objects.

If you do not want to type the command, and are using 2010 or 2011, on the View ribbon tab, on the Appearance panel, click the down arrow at the right side of the Regenerate split button, and choose the Regenerate Model tool. Press Enter to regenerate all objects.

I am not certain that will fix your situation, but it does work for many. It is certainly worth a try, as it is far easier than detaching and reattaching the Xref.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the response. And yes I did try that as well, unfortunately it does not resolve the issue. I have noticed at the very beginning while the drawing is loading I see the door tags correctly at first but by the time it finishes loading you can see it refresh to *Space Not Found*.

Login to Give a bone

After further inspection, I moved the Xref'd plan within my Sheet File from it's insert point back down to 0,0... then all of the door numbers displayed correctly after a OBJRELUPDATE and retains this after saving and exiting.

Typically within my base plans I have 0,0 located at a lower-left grid intersection and within the sheet file keep the 0,0 at the lower-left corner of the sheet. I feel like this is a pretty standard process and has worked for me up until 2010/2011.

It is most certainly a bug and needs to be addressed. Our reseller is notifying Autodesk and hopefully there will be a more permanent resolution soon.

Stay tuned.