See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insert Block message - Update the definintion and all of its block refrences

Login to Give a bone

Default Insert Block message - Update the definintion and all of its block refrences

after inserting a block, then inserting a different block i receive a message every time that says "xx is already defined. 19 block references already exist in the drawing. Update the definintion and all of its block refrences?"

how do i make it stop?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Insert Block message - Update the definintion and all of its block refrences

Does the different block contain a copy of the first block?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Insert Block message - Update the definintion and all of its block refrences

Quote Originally Posted by Opie
    Does the different block contain a copy of the first block?

nope.

its generic stuff like a Power pole block and a water meter block. if i insert a few Power poles and then change to a water meter it gives me the message...

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dmarx
    nope.

its generic stuff like a Power pole block and a water meter block. if i insert a few Power poles and then change to a water meter it gives me the message...
    I would suggest purging the drawing first, maybe the block is already defined but not used in the drawing.

Login to Give a bone

This is truly annoying and frustrating...

Login to Give a bone

Is any kind of renaming involved ?
    or (command "insert" "xx=xx" . . . ?

: ) Happy Computing !

kennet

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dmarx
    after inserting a block, then inserting a different block i receive a message every time that says "xx is already defined. 19 block references already exist in the drawing. Update the definintion and all of its block refrences?"

how do i make it stop?
    What is it telling you is already defined?

Look at the blocks you are inserting, and see what they contain. For example, say your POWERPOLE block contains a WIDGET block. But then say your WATERMETER block also contains a WIDGET block. If you insert a POWERPOLE, and then try to insert a WATERMETER, you will get a message saying "WIDGET is already defined. Update the definition and all of its block references?"

Login to Give a bone

the message is telling me that the whole block is defined, and it is, i know that and i just want to insert another one. Everything is purged.

attached is a screenshot of the message i get

i have not had this issue with previous versions...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Are you browsing and reselecting the drawing file for the block every time?

Once a block is inserted, it's in your drawing. It should be in the dropdown list. You should be able to just select the block, and reinsert it, without browsing for the drawing file.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by richards.64879
    Are you browsing and reselecting the drawing file for the block every time?

Once a block is inserted, it's in your drawing. It should be in the dropdown list. You should be able to just select the block, and reinsert it, without browsing for the drawing file.

using the example from my previous post.

i type "i" > enter

the dialoge box comes up with the name of the block already highlighted, i type in "wv" and hit ok...

that when the dialouge box appears

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast