Thread: AutoCAD 2006 - Commands become unknown; Objects become unselectable

Login to Give a bone

Angry AutoCAD 2006 - Commands become unknown; Objects become unselectable

Was wondering if anyone was expirencing what me and my freind have been encountering. Two things: One is every once in a while it will forget commands ie: you type in xref it does nothing not even say "unknown command" nada zilce, it's like you typed nothing at all. The second is you'll be working away and suddenly entities in your current drawing aren't pickable via grips via the move command nothing seems to make them accessible and they aren't locked, on an xref nada, the only way I found to fix it is to restart autocad entirely. Any advice would be appreciated it's getting to be a pain in the butt and was wondering if i'm the only one having these issues.

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: AutoCAD 2006 - Commands become unknown; Objects become unselectable

Quote Originally Posted by mwalker.87963
    Was wondering if anyone was expirencing what me and my freind have been encountering. Two things: One is every once in a while it will forget commands ie: you type in xref it does nothing not even say "unknown command" nada zilce, it's like you typed nothing at all. The second is you'll be working away and suddenly entities in your current drawing aren't pickable via grips via the move command nothing seems to make them accessible and they aren't locked, on an xref nada, the only way I found to fix it is to restart autocad entirely. Any advice would be appreciated it's getting to be a pain in the butt and was wondering if i'm the only one having these issues.
    don't know about the first one, but, about objects becoming unselectable sounds familiar... do you have the service pack installed?
    Last edited by Wanderer; 2006-02-10 at 06:18 PM. Reason: add link
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD 2006 - Commands become unknown; Objects become unselectable

Yeah we have the service pack installed unless there is a new one I don't know about.