Thread: Updated Andersen available on RUGI

Login to Give a bone

I've posted my updated catalog of Andersen windows to the RUGI website. I'll also be providing them to Revit City but they are not there yet.

Enhancements to the original Andersen catalog include:

-Full size catalog including shop-mulled units (such as CXW16-3) that were not available in the original set.

-Full catalog of quadruple mulled windows (such as CXW126-4 or CW25-2) have been created that were not in the original set at all.

-Rough opening sizes have been listed, rounded up to the nearest inch, to provide slightly greater rough opening space. In real-life construction I have found this to be much more reliable for installation, providing more room for sealing & insulation around the window edge and allowing more room for accurate shimming.

-Interior casing has been installed as a profile sweep in 3 1/2" craftsman with back band. You should be able to, at your desire, load another profile into the windows, select the sweep properties, and substitute different casing. I'll upload two colonial casing sweeps to RUGI as well, which have the same origin as the Craftsman casing, so that a simple profile swap will change your casing style. (I'm attaching them to this message for current convenience.) I've found that the profiles supplied with the Revit imperial library do not have their origin at my preferred location, as it makes sense to me to have the origin 1/4" from the inside edge of the casing. (When creating a casing sweep, select your path as the inside edge of the jamb. The casing profile will provide a 1/4" reveal around the jamb, as in standard construction.)

-Muntins have been created in "true divided light" style with the exterior matching the Andersen White window color and the interior matching the wood interior of the windows and casing.

-Muntins can be turned on or off using visibility/graphics dialog in your elevation and 3-d views.

Please let me know if you have any additional comments, questions, requests, or any found flaws.

Thank you and enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Updated Andersen available on RUGI

Thanks Abe,

Great, you got it sorted out.

Now if you could make them open & close with the visibility param, and don't forget the screens!

All AUGI, all the time christo4robin's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Knowing how much work it takes to create these things, thanks very much for willingly sharing your efforts.

Cheers!

Login to Give a bone

Andrew, don't push me over the edge now!!!!

Thanks guys, I just reviewed my time sheets and actually it did take me 19.75 hours to make these modifications over the last 3 weeks. Considering that there are 32 families, that isn't too bad. And I think 16 of those families did not exist before!!

The final 4 are uploaded to RUGI, the triple CXW units.