Thread: MText Decimal Tab Formatting

Login to Give a bone

Default MText Decimal Tab Formatting

I'm trying to format a document using MText that has text separated by tabs. I want the separation space to consist of dots to make it easier to connect the two pieces of information.
    I can do this in Word 2007 by going to Paragraph, Tabs and setting 'Leader' tab stop positions.
    I'm trying to do the same in MText with no luck.
    I entered MText, then went back to format it by right clicking on Paragraph, then using the 'Tabs' Section of the Paragraph menu to create tabs, and specifying the 'Period' Decimal Style. I thought this was the same thing as Leaders, but have learned that the decimal tabs serve only to align the decimal points on different numbers that are on different lines of text.
    Here's what I want to do in a buidng direcory:
    "Administation Offices..............................C Building"
    (I put the dots in here manually, I want them to be automatic via tabbing instead)
    Is there a "Leader" tab stop function in MText?

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: MText Decimal Tab Formatting

Unfortunately, I don't think that option is available in AutoCAD - we have tried to do the same thing and had no luck...

(even in MEP 2010)

-Buzz

Login to Give a bone

I gave up on formatting mtext. I instead drew a dot and turned it into a Dynamic Block with an Array action. I therefore have to insert the block and stretch the array to fit between text entrys. It's time consuming, but I only have to update this project about every two years.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by l-schultz View Post
    I'm trying to format a document using MText that has text separated by tabs. I want the separation space to consist of dots to make it easier to connect the two pieces of information.
    I can do this in Word 2007 by going to Paragraph, Tabs and setting 'Leader' tab stop positions.
    I'm trying to do the same in MText with no luck.
    I entered MText, then went back to format it by right clicking on Paragraph, then using the 'Tabs' Section of the Paragraph menu to create tabs, and specifying the 'Period' Decimal Style. I thought this was the same thing as Leaders, but have learned that the decimal tabs serve only to align the decimal points on different numbers that are on different lines of text.
    Here's what I want to do in a buidng direcory:
    "Administation Offices..............................C Building"
    (I put the dots in here manually, I want them to be automatic via tabbing instead)
    Is there a "Leader" tab stop function in MText?
    I don't believe Mtext has the capabilities you are looking for. One option for you is to create a block with attributes for your text. Then you can just drop in the block and edit to create your table. HTH