See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: acad.lsp files are created in working folders

Login to Give a bone

Default acad.lsp files are created in working folders

I've been having a few problems with my AutoCAD setup recently where random system variables are changing value. For example, autosave being turned off, autosnap marker changing color, etc. I also noticed that every time I open a drawing an 'acad.lsp' file is created in the same folder from which I opened the drawing. I have attached a sample of the lisp file it creates.

I do have an acad.lsp file in my support directory which loads a few commands ( so it's about 10 lines long) and I have my system set up to load it into each new drawing. But recently it doesn't get loaded, so I'm assuming it's picking up these alternative acad.lsp files and ignoring the one I want loaded.

I'm not so much concerned about the system variables changing because it hasn't happened for a week but I'm getting tired of deleting these acad.lsp files everywhere they pop up.

Any ideas out there what might be causing this to happen? It almost seems like some kind of virus which isn't a big problem but could have been.

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: acad.lsp files are created in working folders

You may want to look into your original acad.lsp to see if it is similar to the new acad.lsp files. It does seem to be some type of virus in that it keeps creating a new acad.lsp file in each folder.

If you do not have anything in the original acad.lsp file that needs to remain, you may want to delete or rename all of the acad.lsp files on your system.

HTH
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Digital Delivery Director Brian Myers's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

If it IS a virus that would be interesting... I can't recall one targeting specifically CAD systems before. Seems more like an odd program glitch, yet perhaps one worth noting to Autodesk if it persists regardless.

Login to Give a bone

Are new acadapp.lsp files also being created? I have looked at the acad.lsp file you posted a little bit more. I see that the xref and xbind commands are undefined and then redefined to the insert command. There is also the BURST command, but this command seems to have an error within it.

I don't see the need for this acad.lsp or acadapp.lsp file. It is probably safe to remove it from your system, unless you need routines within this file executed for each session of AutoCAD.

Can you post the acadapp.lsp file? This may have some bearing on what is going on. It appears that it would be located in the same directory that a base.dcl file is located if it is on your system.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert
    If it IS a virus that would be interesting... I can't recall one targeting specifically CAD systems before. Seems more like an odd program glitch, yet perhaps one worth noting to Autodesk if it persists regardless.
    It appears that it is a virus
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Well I’ve got some good news on this. Thankyou for the leads. I took a better look at my ‘acad.lsp’ file (in my support directory) and realized that it was different from a backup copy that I had. The current one had an additional line at the end as follows:

(load

"acadapp")
    (princ)

Actually it repeats this hundreds of times. So I looked to see if this file being called for (accadapp.lsp) was also in my support directory and there it was. I have never seen it there before so I have no idea how it got there. It seems to have the same content as the all the ‘acad.lsp’ files that are getting dumped in all my project directories. I don’t know much about lisp but this ‘acadapp.lsp’ file does seem to look for the ‘acad.lsp’ file and also for a ‘base.dcl’ file. It also seems to mess around with paths.

I have also attached each of these lisp files that I spoke of so someone smarter than I can decipher what is going on.

Anyway, I deleted the ‘acadapp.lsp’ and removed the extra lines from my original ‘acad.lsp’ and it seems to have fixed the problem. My extra commands load properly. I'm not getting lisp files dumped in all my project directories. I still have a few little weird things going on like the ‘offsetgaptype’ system variable doesn’t seem to work at all. So I’m not sure of the hidden changes that this issue created.

Opie mentioned some commands being redefined. That does scare me. Do I need to replace that base.dcl file from someone elses computer here? I don't know what it does but it did get a mention in that lisp file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Here is more AUGI help Link

: ) Happy Computing !

kennet

Login to Give a bone

Cool Re: acad.lsp files are created in working folders

Quote Originally Posted by Opie
    It appears that it is a virus
    ah, good link. when I read this, I'd remembered seeing the same thing over on the adesk groups awhile back...
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by kgray.65984
    . . .. some commands being redefined. That does scare me . . .
    Commands that is "undefine" is "xref" and "xbind" they do insert instead

and if you type command burst
    it prints (princ "\nBURST----½«Í¼¿éÖеÄÎÄ×ÖÕ¨¿ªºó³ÉΪʵÌå" )
    and you got a Select object prompt

To check if you are free from this ****, type burst in the command line
    if "BURST----½«Í¼¿éÖеÄÎÄ×ÖÕ¨¿ªºó³ÉΪʵÌå" is printed, it is still there.

kennet

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by kennet.sjoberg
    Commands that is "undefine" is "xref" and "xbind" they do insert instead

and if you type command burst
    it prints (princ "\nBURST----½«Í¼¿éÖеÄÎÄ×ÖÕ¨¿ªºó³ÉΪʵÌå" )
    and you got a Select object prompt

To check if you are free from this ****, type burst in the command line
    if "BURST----½«Í¼¿éÖеÄÎÄ×ÖÕ¨¿ªºó³ÉΪʵÌå" is printed, it is still there.

kennet
    Good tip kennet.

I only found it because of my real time virus scanner popped up with it.
    jUSt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast