Thread: Elevation Markers

Login to Give a bone

Default Elevation Markers

I have been wracking my brain trying to figure out how to make a reliable elevation marker that would properly reference heights from the finished floor (or whatever was the basepoint) from paperspace with the rest of our annotations. We base the main floor as a "Referenced" 100'-0". I wanted to see if there was a formula for adding 100'-0" to whatever the vertical distance was, but a reference attribute w/ vis states was all i could come up with.

let me know what you guys think. (for reasons of text insertion points, there is a left & right, but otherwise identical)

as i type this, it stands to reason that i probably could just double my vis states for a left/right block and not have it be too cumbersome... hmmmmm.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Elevation Markers

you could use visibilities if you wanted to show different text on multiple lines. on one of our blocks i have combined VIEW-XX, SECTION-XX and DETAIL-XX using different visibilities into a single block.

you could use the flip command to make a left and right side orientation with visibilities for a left and right justification.

next, you could do some lisp work where you could touch a couple of points and have it add 100 and place (or associate) the sum value into one of your blocks. i wanted to do this once and our in house programmer seemed to think it was possible but we never pursued it further.

im thinking if there is a way to make an ordinary dimension and have the value populated in the dimension entities that there is a way to make the value pop up somewhere else independent of the dimension lines and to create a sum.

Login to Give a bone

ok, i feel like a total Dumase...... i'm like, "where's the instant gratification in this block???" so here's the 'upgraded' (??) version. (it's the dbwblock, just insert...)

I'm still trying to figure out how to link attributes to allow only one att mod for all vis states...
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Login to Give a bone

Perhaps this can inspire you? To add a distance you only need to drag the bottom marker of the dimension up or down (down if you want to add)

On second thought, I don't know how this would work in paperspace...

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Teun Ham
    Perhaps this can inspire you? To add a distance you only need to drag the bottom marker of the dimension up or down (down if you want to add)

On second thought, I don't know how this would work in paperspace...
    T, check out my last block. it is made for paperspace. i accomplish the distance by using vis states and adding multipliers to the dims for the different scales.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Login to Give a bone

Yes, I noticed that my DB is kinda-like the DB you posted in your initial post.

It looks like you have found "the way to go" with paperspace DBs.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Teun Ham
    Yes, I noticed that my DB is kinda-like the DB you posted in your initial post.

It looks like you have found "the way to go" with paperspace DBs.
    now if the linear parameter could only stretch behind it's basepoint, i could eliminate the horiz. flip!!
    yea, multilpliers....... now if only someone would stumble upon the wholie gail of 'single edit, multiple entry attribute field linking within the same block' secrets....
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

In the hospital cuz of my fever for more cowbell
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Chris.N
    now if the linear parameter could only stretch behind it's basepoint, i could eliminate the horiz. flip!!
    yea, multilpliers....... now if only someone would stumble upon the wholie gail of 'single edit, multiple entry attribute field linking within the same block' secrets....
    hi chris. i've been really busy as of late, and have not had a chance to go through your blocks yet, but once I get a chance, i'll try to help. Unless it's solved in which case
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Return of the Cowbell

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by max.sabre
    hi chris. i've been really busy as of late, and have not had a chance to go through your blocks yet, but once I get a chance, i'll try to help. Unless it's solved in which case
    yeah, i noticed you were avoiding us....
    actually, i'm happy with this block except for the fact i'm still trying to edit att's once for multiple vis states that have different justifications.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

In the hospital cuz of my fever for more cowbell
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Chris.N
    yeah, i noticed you were avoiding us....
    actually, i'm happy with this block except for the fact i'm still trying to edit att's once for multiple vis states that have different justifications.
    haha .... well, I wasn't avoiding ALL of you .......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Return of the Cowbell