Thread: Curtain Panel Doors Attempt

I could stop if I wanted to mibzim's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Curtain Panel Doors

Had a go at getting some parametric door panels going, and would really appreciate some help and advice

Firstly, i made up a single panel in which you can switch between frame, no frame, semi-frameless (probably not done the best way - realised a better way in the second family panel). You can also switch between opening and sliding, and set the frame & panel size & material. I'm pretty pleased with this... it seems to work so far. Any input on this would be much appreciated.

Second.... Now this is one has proved to be more of a problem. A sliding door panel with an adjustable number of sliding panels within it. I have set up similar parameters to the one above, but it is just IMPOSSIBLE to dimension the width and height of the revit default settings for the curtain panel. Obviously this is because the height and width are determined by grid lines in the project, but i havent been able to find a way of saying : "if the overall width is X (determined by grid lines in project, not user defined), then blah blah blah/" Or something like that. For now i have had to stick with using instance parameters so that the user can set the height and width of the panels, which obviously creates a multitude of co-ordination problems... It saddens me that i can't make it automatically detect the width and height. Any suggestions?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mibzim; 2006-03-24 at 05:48 AM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Curtain Panel Doors Attempt

Sadly revit doesn't allow fro this just yet. About a year ago I recieved training from Phil Read and this is one of the things that was explained to me. I was optimistic that it could be done but for the last year I still haven't found a way. I'm holding thumbs that in the next few releases we will be able to do this.