Thread: Add in missing pull-down menus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Add in missing pull-down menus

Ok this is embarrassing to admit and even worse that I'm not sure if I'm even posting this in the correct area. I have ADT 2005 and I've started trying to go through some tutorials. It appears that I am missing several pull down menus (ex. Design, Documentation, Express Tools, etc.). I have no idea how to turn them back on and with out them it makes following a tutorial very difficult. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Add in missing pull-down menus

Hi Joel,

First, type in MENULOAD and see what menus are loaded.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks Tim,

Under Menu Groups I show ADT and Custom

When I select Custom and and go to the Menu Bar there is nothing listed.
    When I select ADT and go to the Menu Bar it lists (File, Edit, View, Insert, Format, Window, Help)

I hit the browse and found the ACAD menu's and loaded them. Although they give me a lot more some are still missing. Whats the difference between the .mnc and the .mns formats for the menu groups? Should I be using one over the other?

Login to Give a bone

I went to the Options / Profiles and the only available options are
    <<Unnamed Profile>>
    ADT-Imperial (highlighted)
    ADT-Metric

I am tempted to hit reset, but am a little afraid of what might happen. Will I be able to restore what I have now if that doesn't help and changes things for the worst.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by joel.57674
    I went to the Options / Profiles and the only available options are
    <<Unnamed Profile>>
    ADT-Imperial (highlighted)
    ADT-Metric

I am tempted to hit reset, but am a little afraid of what might happen. Will I be able to restore what I have now if that doesn't help and changes things for the worst.
    Reset will restore you to the default configuration you had when the program was first installed. If for some reason things change for the worst we can talk you through fixing it.

Login to Give a bone

Also, since express tools wasn't listed, you may need to install it.

Let us know what happens.

Login to Give a bone

<SNIP>

Whats the difference between the .mnc and the .mns formats for the menu groups? Should I be using one over the other?
    Hi

Below is extracted from the AutoCAD Online Help File [F1]...

Quote Originally Posted by Load and Unload Menu Files

MNU Original ASCII menu file, the file you normally edit or create.

MNC Compiled menu file; a binary file that contains the command strings and menu syntax that define the functionality and appearance of the menu or other interface element. AutoCAD compiles this file when you load an MNU file for the first time.

MNR Menu resource file; a binary file that contains the bitmaps used by the menu or other interface element. AutoCAD generates this file each time it compiles an MNC file.

MNS Source menu file; an ASCII file that is the same as the MNU file but does not include comments or special formatting. AutoCAD modifies this file each time the contents of the menu file change.

MNT Menu resource file. This file is generated only when the MNR file is unavailable, for example, read-only.

MNL Menu LISP file; contains AutoLISP expressions that are used by the menu file. This file is loaded into memory when a menu file with the same file name is being loaded.

AutoCAD finds and loads the specified file according to the following sequence. This same sequence is used when AutoCAD loads a new menu.

1. AutoCAD looks for a menu source (MNS) file of the given name, following the library search procedure.

* If an MNS file is found, AutoCAD looks for a compiled menu (MNC) file of the same name in the same directory. If AutoCAD finds a matching MNC file with the same or later date and time as the MNS file, it loads the MNC file. Otherwise, AutoCAD compiles the MNS file, generating a new MNC file in the same directory, and loads that MNC file.

* If an MNS file is not found, AutoCAD looks for a compiled menu (MNC) file of the given name, following the library search procedure. If AutoCAD finds the MNC file, it loads that file.

* If neither an MNS nor an MNC file is found, AutoCAD searches the library path for a menu template (MNU) file of the given name. If this file is found, AutoCAD compiles an MNC file, generates an MNS file, and then loads the MNC file.

* If no files of the given name are found, AutoCAD displays an error message and prompts you for another menu file name.

2. After finding, compiling, and loading the MNC file, AutoCAD looks for a menu LISP (MNL) file, using the library search procedure. If AutoCAD finds this file, it evaluates the AutoLISP expressions within that file.
    Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Ok this is embarrassing to admit and even worse that I'm not sure if I'm even posting this in the correct area. I have ADT 2005 and I've started trying to go through some tutorials. It appears that I am missing several pull down menus (ex. Design, Documentation, Express Tools, etc.). I have no idea how to turn them back on and with out them it makes following a tutorial very difficult. Any help would be very much appreciated.
    Are you sure you are running ADT, and not just vanilla AutoCAD. Go to options, profiles and see what your current profile is. Vanilla AutoCAD ships with the vertical products, so you may just be running that version of AutoCAD.