See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Linetypes

Login to Give a bone

Default Linetypes

There's a lot of info out there reguarding this topic, thx to all who contribute, I have always managed to find answers to problems I encounter.

It seems about time linetypes are held in the drawing file and not some obscure file hidden away in the depths of the m/c and, when text is used, requiring the correct textstyle and font attached.

However I have a question to which I can't find the answer if there is an answer other than 'can't be done'

I have a linetype similar to this :- _____0______0_____ with the zero on top of the line.

When drawn 'left to right' is ok, but when drawn 'right to left' the letter appear underneath the line. Its the same when drawn vertically appearing one side of the line or the other depending on direction drawn.

Is there a way to maintain the text position, which ever way the line is drawn, without using some form of lisp routine to change the direction of the line, what a faff!

Thx in advance for any replies.

Geoff

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Linetypes

Actually linetypes are stored in the drawing file and can be completely different than even ones with the same name in a *.lin file.
    I've attached a lisp below for extracting the two line definition of the current linetype to the command line which you can add to a *.lin file and change the Rotation to U= per AutoCAD Help as referenced below.
    Save the lisp file in any folder in the Support File Search Path and either run it from the macro below or load and run from the command line as shown below.
    Macro: ^P(or C:lt_thf (load "LT_thief.lsp"));lt_thf
    Command line: (load "LT_thief.lsp") lt_thf

Read the AutoCAD Help section: About Text in Custom Linetypes - https://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/2...E-F3A293DD60CA
    Scroll down to where it shows:

Rotation
    The rotation angle of the characters to be displayed in the linetype. The rotation angle must be prefixed with U=, R=, or A=.

U= specifies upright or easy-to-read text.
    R= specifies relative or tangential rotation with respect to the line.
    A= specifies absolute rotation of the text with respect to the origin; that is, all text has the same rotation regardless of its position relative to the line.
    The value can be appended with a

d for degrees (degrees is the default value)
    r for radians
    g for grads

If rotation is omitted, 0 relative rotation is used. Rotation is centered between the baseline and the nominal cap height.

Note: Drawings containing legacy linetypes that do not use the U (upright) rotation flag can be updated to the latest linetype definition by reloading the linetype from the LIN files. Custom linetypes can be updated by changing the R (rotation) flag to the U (upright) flag prior to reloading a linetype definition.
    Attached Files Attached Files