Thread: Setting up Perspective Views and downloading, assigning Materials

Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Setting up Perspective Views and downloading, assigning Materials

Hi,
    I am attempting to build a 3d model of a project I am currently working on and I think I am biting more than I can chew. I was trying to learn VIZ on my own because I thought the rendering examples were amazing and the client wants a very realistic rendering. But I found it to be extremely complicated and due to time constraints, I don't think I can do it. So I am building it in Autocad 2007, which is easier to build, but I am struggling with setting up perspectives. I have never been able to understand how to do that in Autocad. Setting up perspectives and assigning materials- though limited- is so much easier in Revit! I am trying to use the help index to do understand how to do it, but it's not working very well.
    Is there anywhere else I can look where the instructions may be a little dummer and easier to understand?
    And is there a place where I can download material textures to add to the library?
    Or should I just give up now before I go crazy?
    I am new to AUGI, so I am having a hard time finding my way around here too!
    Thanks!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Setting up Perspective Views and downloading, assigning Materials

From A2007 Help -

PERSPECTIVE
    Type: Integer
    Saved in: Drawing
    Initial value: Varies

Specifies whether the current viewport displays a perspective working view. PERSPECTIVE is reset to 0 when the drawing file or DXF file is saved to a file format earlier than AutoCAD 2007. This system variable is valid only in model space.

0 Perspective view turned off

1 Perspective view turned on

Note Perspective view is not available in 2D Wireframe display. If you open a file from an earlier release that saved a perspective view in 2D Wireframe, it is displayed as a parallel projection.

===========================

Also the POints option of the DView command still works just as it did in earlier versions - that is it's complicated but can give good results.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Setting up Perspective Views and downloading, assigning Materials

Things are getting a bit easier. I will give it a shot.
    Thanks for your response!