Thread: ReproDesk does not recognize *.plt files created via HP DJ800 driver

Login to Give a bone

Question ReproDesk does not recognize *.plt files created via HP DJ800 driver

We have been using ReproDesk to send files to the printshop for some time now, but recently we upgraded from a DesignJet 430 to a DesignJet 800, and for some reason, when we write *.plt files with the 800 driver, they are not recognized by ReproDesk, and the print shop gets a datafile with no information in it. Anyone have any ideas on how to work around this?

Thanks
    Chad

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ReproDesk does not recognize *.plt files created via HP DJ800 driver

Quote Originally Posted by chad.110415
    We have been using ReproDesk to send files to the printshop for some time now, but recently we upgraded from a DesignJet 430 to a DesignJet 800, and for some reason, when we write *.plt files with the 800 driver, they are not recognized by ReproDesk, and the print shop gets a datafile with no information in it. Anyone have any ideas on how to work around this?
    Hi Chad

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD Fields forum to this one, as I believe it will be better served here.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Manager

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ReproDesk does not recognize *.plt files created via HP DJ800 driver

Thanks
    Chad
    That is odd. The 800 driver should create standard HPGL/2 .plt files. What file format is your driver creating? (Remember .PLT is only a file extension, not a file format)

What version Repro Desk is your print shop using? 1.6.3 is the latest. Take a look at this page [ http://rkmcswain.blogspot.com/2006/0...e-viewers.html ] and download the FREE Oce Publisher. See if it can read your plot files. If nothing else, you should be able to send your plot files from Oce Publisher directly to your print shop.

Feel free to send me a couple of your plot files, I will load them up in my Repro Desk just as additional check.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

It says - OCE ReproDesk 4.25i This is in the title bar, as well as the 'about ReproDesk' option through the help menu. If I can get the time today I will try to write some files and try to get them to process through using reprodesk and the viewer you had linked.

Login to Give a bone

It says - OCE ReproDesk 4.25i This is in the title bar, as well as the 'about ReproDesk' option through the help menu.
    That is pretty old. We had 4.30 for a long time before we got the latest 1.6.3 version (Yes 1.6.3 is newer than the 4.x versions - not sure who thought that up....)

Login to Give a bone

Would the newer version still be compatible with the software at the print shop? I vaguely remember someone mentioning that their software only supported plotters up to the 800, but not including it.

Login to Give a bone

Would the newer version still be compatible with the software at the print shop? I vaguely remember someone mentioning that their software only supported plotters up to the 800, but not including it.
    What software are they using at the print shop?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain
    What software are they using at the print shop?
    i would guess they have the same version we do, but i really dont know.

Login to Give a bone

Ok, but you specifically asked

Quote Originally Posted by Chad_C
    Would the newer version still be compatible with the software at the print shop?
    ...which is impossible to determine without knowing what they are using at the print shop.

Login to Give a bone

I just spoke with someone from the shop, and he had me install the plot driver for an older plotter and said just to use that. He also said that the 1.6 software was completely different than the software we are using currently. *shrug*

Of course, I still dont know what software they are using.

I guess as long as it works