Thread: switching the sys. variable "Elev" to match project levels

Login to Give a bone

Angry switching the sys. variable "Elev" to match project levels

While I create a picture try this explanation.

I am currently using the project navigator in ADT2006 to put my projects together. I have buttons that runs small routines to switch between plans using layer filtering and changing display configs. Since all of my projects have the same levels I was hoping I could create a routine which would set the "Elevation" system variable to the elevation height of that level as defined in my levels of the project navigator.

For example, if my "Levels" in my project are defined as follows,
    Name Elevation
    "1st Floor Plan" 0'-0"
    "1st Framing Plan" 9'-4"
    "2nd Floor Plan" 10'-8 3/4"
    "2nd Framing Plan" 19'-8 3/4"

I would like when I hit my button that switches me from the 1st floor plan to my 2nd floor plan, that not only will it filter layers and change the display configuration, but also detect what the "2nd Floor Plan" elevation height is and set the "Elevation" system variable to that height. In this case being 10'-8 3/4".

Does this make since?

Jason

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: switching the sys. variable "Elev" to match project levels

Quote Originally Posted by jgardner.79905
    While I create a picture try this explanation.

I am currently using the project navigator in ADT2006 to put my projects together. I have buttons that runs small routines to switch between plans using layer filtering and changing display configs. Since all of my projects have the same levels I was hoping I could create a routine which would set the "Elevation" system variable to the elevation height of that level as defined in my levels of the project navigator.

For example, if my "Levels" in my project are defined as follows,
    Name Elevation
    "1st Floor Plan" 0'-0"
    "1st Framing Plan" 9'-4"
    "2nd Floor Plan" 10'-8 3/4"
    "2nd Framing Plan" 19'-8 3/4"

I would like when I hit my button that switches me from the 1st floor plan to my 2nd floor plan, that not only will it filter layers and change the display configuration, but also detect what the "2nd Floor Plan" elevation height is and set the "Elevation" system variable to that height. In this case being 10'-8 3/4".

Does this make since?

Jason
    How does ADT report that the "Level" is changed? If an EVENT is triggered with ADT on that change, your routine may be able to fire at that time.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt